Have You Had Trouble With Atmega's

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
If you have had trouble making your atmega card work please post the following;

what the box said ?

the design of your card - i.e plain white/moon/red/pink/hologram ect. in as much detail as possible ????

what resources programmer/files you used???

provider ???

the reason - it seems strange to me that some of us have no trouble and others just can't make them work.
I've done them for all providers because 1 mile each way are different providers. I have had trouble with the cards but not the files, so lets call this a little survey - a jpeg of the card would also be useful.
please don't post where you got the card as this would be unfair. The hope is to collect the info and try to find a simple explination. Thanks for your help guys . :THANKS:

It might be worth indicating how long it was left to update too!

I think most peoples Atmega AUs may just need leaving longer to update their keys.

the information gathered here will be used to create simple quick cross check database so that i can analyse the problems that peeps with atmega programming difficulties and with luck be able to sort there problems.

same as dogs got mine programmed it no worries and done it on 3 diff cards .me an him live same area as well( nuts thats is ,dogs i mean ,leaves his scent all over trees lampost etc) take between 2 an 5 minutes ti update sometimes i swtch off an on using remote I ALWAYS HAVE POWER OFF BEFORE INSERTING / REMOVING CARD

been trying to program atmega with planets on with an elvis for weeks always got mute card in engineering menu ,mate got an infinity usb programmer used the same files generated before , card was recognised and updated within a couple of minute.I have read elsewhere that the planet cards use a slightly diferent chip lc in place of c which takes extra milliseconds to accept data.

fishcake beast said:
been trying to program atmega with planets on with an elvis for weeks always got mute card in engineering menu ,mate got an infinity usb programmer used the same files generated before , card was recognised and updated within a couple of minute.I have read elsewhere that the planet cards use a slightly diferent chip lc in place of c which takes extra milliseconds to accept data.
did you programme it - get mute card and try again or did you get it done on pheonix straight away?

Twobeercans,

You know my story so well it could send you to sleep but here goes....

Box says "MUTE CARD A003".

This happens wether I put card in and power up or vice versa.

Card is of the plain white type. Has "AT" on chip. The numbers "050520" on reverse side.

Progammed with Duolabs CAS 3 and CAS Studio 6.1 software.

Files provided by all of the helpful peeps on this site! (Toxic 6 & 7 ex c&w).

(Update) No luck with all of the things above but if I use an Infinity USB Phoenix and Toxic 7 files it works every time.

Twobeercans,
allways mute with elvis,many times different supplies,fast prog no fast prog over a period of weeks.worked first go with the infinity phoenix,not just luck have done another since.

got a planet on mine,tryed about 10 could not get it to work i used infinity usb programmer

but then i found its the way you wright them you wright ext eeprom first then the flash came on in secounds also updates very quick

i use cas studio - if you load your files and press the write switch the flash is written first then the ext eep then the flash again. as i understand the flash is referenced to write ext eep's this means that if your programmer isn't rewritting your flash after is it has written the ext eeprom file to the card IT WON'T WORK.
As a safeguard its not bad practice once you write to the card - to reinsert to prgrammer and just write the same flash. This should stop that problem from occuring. can someone please try that with an elvis?? thanx for your input so far.

hi i,m in ntl area atmega gone off just black screen atmega163 whith planets on used toxic 6 to programm been on 3 weeks.if there is a fix let us know please.snowball2

I programed 3 atmega 163 cards been a month now 1 of em has got a planet the other is blue and the other is plain white.. they were all working fine in updating and everything until today they all went to black screen... I think this is only happening to pure ntl areas

on my funcard ive been in the eng menu on page 8 smartcard version & rev is dnasp003 rev323 other one down is reading also but with the atmega 163 there is nothing there just getting card status ok ippv status successful credit ok then smartcard ver & rev nothing and so on down any idea on what that means thnx.

i used atmega 163 white card with elvis used toxic6 (final) with the n*l flash that came with it worked first time also done three of the same card with no probs until today when screen just went completely blank they were all fine for the last month or so (weird)

guys this thread was for programming problems - NOT for atmega failures after programming. I have posted a temp fix to get your atmegas on. PLEASE don't polute the thread with an obvious atmega flash failure caused by cc's wising up. this does happen LOL

Its Affecting Pure Ntl Areas I Think There Now Using Bitflop Like They Did In Telewest A Whilw Ago

before this thread gets out of hand its simple the fact is it has flopped on ntl just like it did on tw a little while ago

im sure there will be a fix soon but for the time being just use them like the funcards :) :)

i know a few ppl in ex-c&w area who have had AU Atmega cards in their boxes working fine since the file went public at the beginning of April but its only the past couple of weeks that the cards are finding it more and more difficult to catch the new keys and this is also mainly on very old 1000 boxes with CR1 and the anti update mod on i.e. the 2 chips taken off the simm.
So the box hasn't changed and neither has the card which worked fine at first, so i can only assume its a change in the stream or memory requirements that’s making it difficult.
i have had my dads box lately which doesn’t update anymore on the Atmegas until about an hour!
and that also applies to his mosc card! so i feel its something to do with the old CR version that was originally loaded on the boxes when we got them from the trader (******* ********)being redundant for AU and to prove this i will update it as soon as i can lay my hands on a simm with 4 chips on it to see if it works.
That’s just my two-penny-worth.

clive58.

why cant people just stick with this thread ???

why start all these

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50762

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50760

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46268

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50767

the whole general section will be clogged up soon
its basically the same subject
we all know they have gone off and if there is a fix it will soon be posted
sh why not stick to one thread???

Back