has anyone tried Vonage?

magnet

Member +
Reaction score
Has anyone got any feedback on the phone system offered by Vonage?

http://www.vonage.co.uk/

i thinking of getting the business service with the fax line.

Thanks

Mag

Pretty decent service, but an absolute nightmare to cancel, they charge about £60 to cancel your account mate. :(

i have used them for over a year and they are really great, i have heard that leaving is a pain.
i know as well that some customers who have adsl dont get on as well as cable customers, depending on their line quality and MSR if they are on a ADSL Max circuit. i work for a large isp and know this can be problematic , but to be expected in some cases.

I thought they were excellent, but there are plenty of other non-contractual services which are just as good.

Trying Harder

Vonage nearly got wiped out in the US recently by a patent suit taken by Verizon. They brought back their founder, slashed their advertising budget and are generally trying harder... so I'd say they are a good bet. This stuff is definely the future of telephony.. and it is only a matter of time before it
takes over from cellular mobiles too.

Hi, Before you signg up look at sipgate.
There is no line rental with sipgate! This may work out cheaper in the long run for you.

But you get ZERO free calls with sipgate, Beware of all the hidden extra charges with Vonage though.

But you get ZERO free calls with sipgate, Beware of all the hidden extra charges with Vonage though.
Nothing is free.. They charge a monthly line rental, which is more than the average user would use on calls at VOIP prices. That's how they make a profit.

I use www.draytel.org for VOIP to Land (and a phone number), and www.voipcheap.com for LAND to LAND.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back