has anyone got the new xtreamer pro ?

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, just wondering if anyone has got this new xtreamer pro yet and if so whats it like ? if someone has got one could you please let me no wot the fan noise is like i read the first xtreamer had a loud fan, thanks alot

I have an XT Pro, the fan has a few settings, when on low setting it is ok, you can just hear it but its not that noticeable. It is quieter than the original but the orginal can be fit with a side cooler which makes it totally silent.

the ac ryan playon!hd is a nice bit of kit,med8ter looks good as well,at the end of the day it personal choice

Gets slated a bit on av forums especially here:

Xtreamer Pro.. - AVForums.com

but one guy whos got it says the fans still ok and not noisy, someone previously said u cant use both hdds at the same time lol

Which would make that feature of 2 bay hdds pointless.

Tbh 2 slots and 4tb max is still too little 4 slots and making it bigger then were talking ;)

i just want sumot to play all video files really, i like the wdtv but would really like to have a internal hdrive i think, im just really unsure its a fair bit of money so i wana get it right,

i was in the same boat as yourself thats why i went with the play on hd! but have had a few issues nothing major,like the look of the xtreamer and the med8er gets great reviews how much do you want to spend?

yeah ive managed to get it down to 2 i think, xtreamer and the mede8er, so im looking at about 250 arent i really with one of these and a 2tb hardrive, is it right about the xtreamer pro only letting u use one of your hdrives at once is that what the swithc at the back of them does ?

yeah ive managed to get it down to 2 i think, xtreamer and the mede8er, so im looking at about 250 arent i really with one of these and a 2tb hardrive, is it right about the xtreamer pro only letting u use one of your hdrives at once is that what the swithc at the back of them does ?

I only have the one hdd in my XT Pro so I asked a question for you and the answer was.

The switch is for copying from pc to Xt Pro, you can only copy to the hdd the switch is set at.

If you want to watch anything on either A or B, it will work fine, so switch is soley for copying.

I only have the one hdd in my XT Pro so I asked a question for you and the answer was.

The switch is for copying from pc to Xt Pro, you can only copy to the hdd the switch is set at.

If you want to watch anything on either A or B, it will work fine, so switch is soley for copying.

thanks m8, very glad to hear that, you no the other question you answered for me jaffa about the fan noise and u said theres a few settings and on the lowest the fan isnt loud but noticeable, can you hear it when you are watching the film or is it just when your choosing the film or wot ever flicking threw the xtreamer if u no wot i mean ?
also i seen this thread on there forum titled
24p issue on XTreamer Pro
and apparently the issue does exist and is still there, im not 100% wot it is but im sure ive seen it on my tv while watching bluray or sumthing, could someone explain what it is and is it a bad thing please ?
final question if i did go for one of these do people just buy from there own site shop or is there other sites people buy from like ebay or where ever ?
thanks for all the help im swaying more towards the xtreamer i think depending on these last few questions i have

thanks m8, very glad to hear that, you no the other question you answered for me jaffa about the fan noise and u said theres a few settings and on the lowest the fan isnt loud but noticeable, can you hear it when you are watching the film or is it just when your choosing the film or wot ever flicking threw the xtreamer if u no wot i mean ?
also i seen this thread on there forum titled
24p issue on XTreamer Pro
and apparently the issue does exist and is still there, im not 100% wot it is but im sure ive seen it on my tv while watching bluray or sumthing, could someone explain what it is and is it a bad thing please ?
final question if i did go for one of these do people just buy from there own site shop or is there other sites people buy from like ebay or where ever ?
thanks for all the help im swaying more towards the xtreamer i think depending on these last few questions i have

The only time I hear the fan is in the morning, when tv is off. It doesnt annoy me at all, even considering I also have the original XT with side cooler which is silent.But thats not to say it won't bother others. My opinion is the fan isn't an issue.

24p...I don't use it tbh. It is 24 frames/second which I believe movies are shot at, because tv shows are shot at faster frame rates the 24p is suppose to make the movies smoother looking.

The only time I hear the fan is in the morning, when tv is off. It doesnt annoy me at all, even considering I also have the original XT with side cooler which is silent.But thats not to say it won't bother others. My opinion is the fan isn't an issue.

24p...I don't use it tbh. It is 24 frames/second which I believe movies are shot at, because tv shows are shot at faster frame rates the 24p is suppose to make the movies smoother looking.

ar r8 so it wont make any movies not playable then ? think its the xtreamer pro then, where do you guys buy yours from ? is it just from the proper xtreamer site shop or is there other sites ? xtreamer pro is 150 euros and the delivery is 25 euros is that what peoples been paying ?

anyone advise on the where to buy and if 175 euros delivered is about right ?

Back