Harry says sorry for Nazi costume

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Prince Harry was photographed at a friend's fancy dress party
Prince Harry has apologised for wearing a swastika armband to a friend's fancy dress party.
Clarence House issued a statement in response to a photograph published on the front page of the Sun newspaper under the headline, "Harry the Nazi".

It read: "Prince Harry has apologised for any offence or embarrassment he has caused. He realises it was a poor choice of costume."

But there have been calls for the prince to make his own public apology.

Tory leader Michael Howard told BBC Radio 4's Today programme Prince Harry should appear in person, rather than talk through a spokesman.

The Board of Deputies of British Jews said the costume was in "bad taste".

But they were "pleased" he had apologised for the incident.

"It was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run-up to holocaust memorial day on the 27th of this month, which the Royal Family will be taking a leading role in commemorating."

The picture was taken at the weekend at a friend's birthday party in Wiltshire, which had the fancy dress theme "colonial and native". This young man has got to come up front and be seen in person making an apology

Dickie Arbiter
Ex-royal PR man

Q&A: Harry's costume row

Prince Harry, 20, appears to be wearing a German desert uniform and a swastika armband. He is also holding a drink and cigarette.

Rabbi Dr Jonathan Romain, of the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain, said: "The fact that the palace has issued an apology indicates that this was a mistake by the prince.

"But having been given, the apology should now be accepted."

But the Queen's former assistant press secretary, Dickie Arbiter, said: "This young man has got to come up front and be seen in person making an apology."

Former armed forces minister Doug Henderson MP said the picture showed the prince was "not suitable" for the prestigious royal military academy Sandhurst, which he is due to attend later this year.

"If it was anyone else, the application wouldn't be considered. It should be withdrawn immediately," said the Labour MP for Newcastle upon Tyne North.

The prince, who is third in line to the throne, hit the headlines last year after a scuffle with a photographer at a nightclub.

The Sun reported that Prince William was also at the party - dressed as a lion.

I know he's only 20 and that, and it must be a pain having to watch everything he does. But I think for all the privelidge and wealth he has its a fair price to pay.
Did he have wellies on? :)

well i think if it was one of us commoners that was seen wearing that swastika no-one would have bothered and would have been seen as just a bit of fun.. just cause a royal does it he gets persecuted (and who really gives a monkeys bout royalty anyway) .. Also Sir mark thatcher gets a fine for trying to overturn a foreign government.. how fooked up is this country,,, strip off his sir-ship and make him work at local sewage plant for rest of his life...

Napster said:
i think its just a young lad having fun.... LMFAO
i think the same we all have done silly things at that age lol

jondoe said:
.. Also Sir mark thatcher gets a fine for trying to overturn a foreign government.. how fooked up is this country,,, strip off his sir-ship and make him work at local sewage plant for rest of his life...

I think this is the biggest scandal of this century, someone gets caught trying to overthrow a country and gets a fine?????
So if ya rich you can have a go basically?
How many people would have been killed if he had succeeded?
Makes my stomach turn

I would either make harry run through Isreal along with Freddy Star with full kit an Wellys on, an Paul Gasgoine with his Gazza strip on LOL : shocked2

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr put him in full American Triple General Uniform an ask him to run through the Streets of Najaf in Iraq

an see if he can smoke a Splif at the end of that LMFAO :)

Back