HARD DRIVE - IBM DESKSTAR 120GXP IC35L080, 80 GB, 7200 RPM

• IBM Deskstar hard drive for PC 120GXP

• 80 GB capacity

• 7200 RPM spin speed

• 8.5 MS seek time

• 2 MB cache

• U-DMA100. Transfer modes at up to 100 MB/sec

• E-IDE interface

• 3.5" drive. (To fit to into a 5.25" drive bay see GG4547)

• 3 yr manufacturer's warranty
» Stock Availability: In Stock

they should be called "scam "computers

having a load of probs with them at the moment m8,

ordered a western digital hard drive off them over 10 days ago,

cost me £117.00 pound todays offer,

with vat £136.00

still waiting as yet ,

yet they promised 24 hour delivery,

finally lost my patience and got trading standards st helens branch onto them,

david h will tell you as he also phoned them up on my behalf,

problem with their couriers intial city link,

regards Scoot

:( :(

Do yourselves a favour guys don't buy IBM if you value your data, they have the highest faliure rate in the industry (by a hugh margin!), well they did before they off loaded there hard drive division because of all the problems they have had with the GXP series of drives.

I'll tell you how bad it is, if one of you offered me one of their drives free, I would chuckle and politely decline (serious!)

If you want to get probably the best IDE drive available and data security is important to you then go for the 8mb cache western digitals, they are VERY quick have a 3 year warranty (unlike most drives today) run pretty damn cool and never had one fail ( I build systems for a living so I have used a lot of them), yes they are around the most expensive but that little extra expense is well worth it.

Regards

Dutcho m8,

This may sound like a long shot but if you find a hard drive you like, tell me before you buy it, i have a wee independent shop near me who always give me good deals with everything i need, (often even trade prices"ish").

I have bought so much with this dude before that he always looks after me. Let me know if you are interested!

Jaime

I agree that IBM drives are crap. I always recommend Maxtor, seagate or western digital drives.

I am a Maxtor fan...lol
80 GB
8MB Cache, 7200RPM, 8,5ms, UDMA133
= 120 Euro = 80 pound.

Cheers Angel

seems this hdd did only got 2 MB cache.
My hdd tip got 8 MB cache with 2 MB cache my HDD would be cheaper.

The bigger the hdd the bigger should be the cache.

Callypso 80GB DiamondMax Plus9, 7200RPM,2MB Cache, ATA133
99 euro = 65 pound

Right dudes. I know it's been a while now but Mrs D has finally opened her purse, LOL.

Here's what I am looking at :-

Description
120Gb Western Digital (WD1200JB) ATA-100 (7200rpm, 8MB Cache, 8.5ms) Quiet Drive Technology 3Yr

It's £122.79 and from what you have said to far seems up to par. Any comments ? I am even allowed to buy so more bits to bolt onto this one.....LOL

I will buy em soon before she changes her mind.

How about this one m8.

DiamondMax16 120GB UDMA133
Mfr code: 4R120L0

The Maxtor DiamondMax 16 hard disk drive is designed to efficiently meet the need for capacity. With industry-standard capacity points up to 160GB, the DiamondMax 16 confirms Maxtor's leadership position in drive technology. The DiamondMax 16 drive uses advanced, integrated electronics combined with numerous design innovations to achieve a wide range of capacity points, solid reliability, and quiet operation all at very competitive prices. As a result, the DiamondMax 16 is the premier choice for desktop, commercial and consumer electronic high capacity storage needs.

inc VAT £105.00

Available here

http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-search.asp?action=search&tid=733&ob=price&obd=asc&stab=ref&page=2

Back