Hard drive problems

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have dm800se running openpli 3.0 on A8P sim.
everything is great apart from the hard drive.I set it up initialize it it gets mounted to sda1 etc and in use it for timeshift and crossepg data and all is good working fine....but when i reboot it all goes pear shape no hard drive it can be seen by system but i have no epg or anything and i can not re initialize as it times out.basically after a reboot the hard drive drops off.
cheers

Hi guys i have dm800se running openpli 3.0 on A8P sim.
everything is great apart from the hard drive.I set it up initialize it it gets mounted to sda1 etc and in use it for timeshift and crossepg data and all is good working fine....but when i reboot it all goes pear shape no hard drive it can be seen by system but i have no epg or anything and i can not re initialize as it times out.basically after a reboot the hard drive drops off.
cheers
hiya mate I had the same problem last night , when I installed tspanel and tried downloading something box stopped working , had to reboot and lost my usb and harddrive , had to flash the 800se firmware from here

Downloadcenter | dream-multimedia-tv.de

flash that and 84ssl then follow setup and will ask you about harddrive and usb if connected !! then after that's all done just start again with openpli !! yep pain in the arse but mines all up and running again :)

hiya mate I had the same problem last night , when I installed tspanel and tried downloading something box stopped working , had to reboot and lost my usb and harddrive , had to flash the 800se firmware from here

flash that and 84ssl then follow setup and will ask you about harddrive and usb if connected !! then after that's all done just start again with openpli !! yep pain in the arse but mines all up and running again :)

Hi mate are you saying flash the gen ssl then the dm800se image from dream multimedia page..then once you have done that flash openpli again??
hows that solve it.?have you put pli 3.0 back on and rebooted?as i reflashed pli and still lost hdd on reboot.

Hi mate.I followed your lead and installed image from DMM and set up hard drive then flashed the nightly openpli 3.0 again and guess what..you were bang on.great stuff i have rebooted put into standby and killed power for a while and still drive is good..so cheers for that.
Its weird i would not expect problems from an original image..maybe they will put a fix out if enough folks moan to them.

Hi mate.I followed your lead and installed image from DMM and set up hard drive then flashed the nightly openpli 3.0 again and guess what..you were bang on.great stuff i have rebooted put into standby and killed power for a while and still drive is good..so cheers for that.
Its weird i would not expect problems from an original image..maybe they will put a fix out if enough folks moan to them.
hiya mate ! lol just read what I wrote !! sorry should of explained better :) yea glad you figured out what I meant !!! yea good image , shame about harddrive fault , anyway we know how too fix it if happens again !!
btw what settings are you using on your fan eg voltage and pwm ? whats a good board temp and fan rpm ? cheers

If it was a nightly build then there can be problems every now and then as the image evolves,
just try an earlier build :)

Are the current openpli 3.0 images marked as stable ?

If it was a nightly build then there can be problems every now and then as the image evolves,
just try an earlier build :)

Are the current openpli 3.0 images marked as stable ?
yea mate all classed as stable ! :))
all in black , none in red ! :)

hiya just had a look on openpli forum page and looks like the tspanel is the problem with the unmounting of hhd and usb !! so don't install the tspanel !!

hiya just had a look on openpli forum page and looks like the tspanel is the problem with the unmounting of hhd and usb !! so don't install the tspanel !!

yep i sort of thought that myself.all is good now.

I dont like TS Panel at all but do they back up their claims with some hard evidence?

personally i always remove ts panel dont like it

think it may cause crashes etc some of the plugins never work etc

I dont like TS Panel at all but do they back up their claims with some hard evidence?

it kind of does a few jobs i like the ones i dont know how to do without the tspanel.
it can be handy.but it seems to also create alot of problems.I don't know how it can effect a hard drive but it does wipes it from the image..
so for openpli 3.0 its a no no.I can live without it.

hiya wiz , yea it seems a lot of people are having trouble with openpli 3.0 when they install tspanel , when they either reboot box or update openpli or even try to uninstall tspanel , when box is rebooted they cant get access too hhd , they say that because tspanel rewrites parts of the image that is the problem , also saying that you have too delete backup in autobackup plugin or just have to flash a newer version of openpli , so im staying far away from tspanel !!! :))

it kind of does a few jobs i like the ones i dont know how to do without the tspanel.
it can be handy.but it seems to also create alot of problems.I don't know how it can effect a hard drive but it does wipes it from the image..
so for openpli 3.0 its a no no.I can live without it.

Look at it this way m8,
Since your time on here you have learned a lot,now ditch TS Panel and then figure out how to do the things it does,
most plugins can be got if needed ;) and installed manually

Soon you will be an expert :)

Look at it this way m8,
Since your time on here you have learned a lot,now ditch TS Panel and then figure out how to do the things it does,
most plugins can be got if needed ;) and installed manually

Soon you will be an expert :)

yes your right i have learned a hell of a lot from here and you need to be a quick learner...and your are right in saying you can get probably everything independently..the only way is to learn from mistakes ask for help and go from there..mind you i have plenty of time on my hands.both my knees are ca-put and i don't like to go out much only when necessary due to ptsd so this is a good way to keep busy and learn in the process.
cheers mate for the help in the process...

the wonders of the hobby

best way mate is to try figure lol

seen me spending two days on a problem

when a simple ask would sort it

call it job satisfaction

best bit is i dont even watch much of it

the wonders of the hobby

best way mate is to try figure lol

seen me spending two days on a problem

when a simple ask would sort it

call it job satisfaction

best bit is i dont even watch much of it

I am about the same apart from i watch tv a fair bit.
I would say its all about the challenge and not giving in to the problem and i get a kick out of being able to help and pass on what i have learnt to others.
you don't need to be rich to give as knowledge and the willingness to pass it on is worth more than gold.
(how philosophical was that)

Back