HARD DRIVE PROBLEM WITH EX5000 and EX5100?

welshlad46

Inactive User
Reaction score
went to record on the harddrive last nite, and it would not record.....and on the other one it said it was full when there wasnt anything on it? also, when you turn them off they seam to take a very long time to start up an it seams like there trying to reboot constantly before it eventully comes back on the screen.

please help

ryan

went to record on the harddrive last nite, and it would not record.....and on the other one it said it was full when there wasnt anything on it? also, when you turn them off they seam to take a very long time to start up an it seams like there trying to reboot constantly before it eventully comes back on the screen.

please help

ryan

Not the best machines in the world for reliability.

What I found when I had one was at midnight every night the box seemed to go haywire on the memory and lose all the recordings. I then realised they were not lost but hiding somewhere in the box. If rebooted the recordings reappeared so I plugged the box into a timer and had it switch off at the mains for a few hours every night. It didnt cure it 100% but was a major improvement on reliability.

Hi
i found i have to reboot upto 4 times for it to find the HD
hope this helps
dave

Back