Hamstrung Nasri set to miss Barcelona test

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has admitted Samir Nasri's hamstring injury is a "big blow" with the midfielder likely to miss the UEFA Champions League visit of FC Barcelona.

Samir Nasri is expected to miss the first leg of Arsenal FC's UEFA Champions League round of 16 encounter with FC Barcelona after suffering a hamstring injury on Sunday.

The French international midfielder pulled up during his side's 2-1 FA Cup fourth round victory against Huddersfield Town FC and looks likely to be out of action for three weeks.

"Nasri looks to have a serious hamstring injury," said Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger. "Usually it is three weeks [out], we have to see if it is a grade one [strain] because that can be two [weeks]."

Wenger added that the news was a significant setback for the Gunners, who face Liga champions Barcelona at home on 16 February, but will be hopeful of the 23-year-old recovering in time for the return leg on 8 March.

"It is a big blow, how big I do not know because the results in the future will tell, but it is a big blow. Put three weeks to today's game and you will know [if he misses the Barcelona game]. I think yes."

Nasri has been one of Arsenal's star performers this season, scoring two of his 14 goals in all competitions in the UEFA Champions League group stage. "I have regrets now, because the plan was first to play [Tomáš] Rosický [against Huddersfield] but he was still too weak because he was sick," said Wenger. "So I took the gamble on Nasri and it backfired."

Source

Nothing unusual our best player just got injured lol.

Barca will show us how to play football anyhow, I think we are about 1 center half and a top class keeper short of barca.

But losing our most skillful player and goal threat is not great. Barca and man u must share the same tarot reader pmsl!

Mick

Nothing unusual our best player just got injured lol.

Barca will show us how to play football anyhow, I think we are about 1 center half and a top class keeper short of barca.

But losing our most skillful player and goal threat is not great. Barca and man u must share the same tarot reader pmsl!

Mick

It's a blow to Arsenal as he's having a fantastic season and im now going to have to get rid off him off my fantasy team. I guess him getting injured just now typifies Arsenals luck. I think your maybe one best player in the World short of Barca as well as the center half and keeper ;)

It's a blow to Arsenal as he's having a fantastic season and im now going to have to get rid off him off my fantasy team. I guess him getting injured just now typifies Arsenals luck. I think your maybe one best player in the World short of Barca as well as the center half and keeper ;)

Torres lol.

Without vermalean we are still doing very well, and I would even bet we would of lost maybe 1 or 2 games less had he been playing.

I do not mind the squad now we are still better than most with a team that cost less than RIO and ROONEY lmao ;)

But I would love wenger to go and buy a super star player it would give the players a right lift and would scare the shit out of everyone else... but alas never gonna happen.

If he went and bought mertsacker, torres, and given, bloody hell, that would be special!

Dreamland again sorry!!!!!!!!

Mick

Torres lol.

Without vermalean we are still doing very well, and I would even bet we would of lost maybe 1 or 2 games less had he been playing.

I do not mind the squad now we are still better than most with a team that cost less than RIO and ROONEY lmao ;)

But I would love wenger to go and buy a super star player it would give the players a right lift and would scare the shit out of everyone else... but alas never gonna happen.

If he went and bought mertsacker, torres, and given, bloody hell, that would be special!

Dreamland again sorry!!!!!!!!

Mick

Torres is apparently in a helicopter (again lol) heading South keep your fookin fingers crossed lmao.

Back