GYM/Weight Training Enthusiasts - Need Your Help!!

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok I have been pushing this off for months now and I really need to get a multi gym.
I am opting for a multi gym for obvious space reasons.
I understand a bench with free weights are far better, but I have limited space and hence got rid of my old Marcy bench with a 6 foot barbell (which pretty much took half+ of the floor space.

I am opting for a multi gym as I can keep it in one corner of the room and I will be able to perform all my workouts on it (Chest Press, Bench Press, Lat Pull, Leg Extensions etc).

So Far I have seen the following and would like to get if not one of them, then similar -

Marcy MP2106 Multigym - gymworld.co.uk
Weider Pro 5500 System Multi Gym - gymworld.co.uk

My Budget is £400

Thanks!!

One thing to consider is are u going to actually use this equipment? I know may peeps that have bought home gym equip, use it for a few weeks, then leave it lying there.

Sometimes its better to start off going to a gym, then see if your going to keep it up.

My thoughts anyway.

geezer
if i was you i would join a gym and see how it goes. too many people buy these things and they turn into clothes horses!

One thing to consider is are u going to actually use this equipment? I know may peeps that have bought home gym equip, use it for a few weeks, then leave it lying there.

Sometimes its better to start off going to a gym, then see if your going to keep it up.

My thoughts anyway.

Well there will be 2 of us and the membership for the gym would be £20 a month each so I think this will be a better investment in the long run.

Well there will be 2 of us and the membership for the gym would be £20 a month each so I think this will be a better investment in the long run.

Well, look at this way. £400 is equal 10months membership. Believe me if your still training in 10 months you wont want to be using one of those multi-gyms.

Incentive and self motivation are key here. I bought an exercise bike 2 years ago. A nice reebok one which can be connected to a PC and control games with. Ive used it about 5 or 6 times. My wife is moaning at me as its in the lounge (no other place in the house) and takes up space, lol.

If you truly believe you got the self motivation and got the space then multi gym sounds the way forward. You can train in your own time etc etc etc.

If you pay for a gym membership and dont go to the gym, you will think your losing money, which you are! And sometimes you can get more motivated working out in the gym.

I don't go the gym. Just have a 50kg set of weights which store away nicely, and exercise bike in the garage and a chin-up bar which just hooks onto the door frame (doesn'nt need screwing in and one of the best things I have bought).

I train every week without fail and my equipment hardly takes any space up atall... my protein tubs take up more!

ive got a york multi-gym and i always use it , not as good as free weights but its ok
i got mine off ebay brand new for £99 should be £400
it comes from the york factory in daventry ,so if your not far away u could collect like i did or pay the £60 postage
dont know if they still do them but the factory is in daventry

I toyed with the idea of buying a Marcy SM4000 a couple of months ago but instead joined a local gym.

I doubt I would have got the same results if I had went ahead and bought it.

To get good results you will need to train the largest muscle groups (legs :)) and you will probably not be able to do heavy compound exercises on them with a multi-gym.

In a good gym you will be able to use new machines and exercises when your body gets used to the ones you have been doing.

Ok I have been pushing this off for months now and I really need to get a multi gym...

so what did you decide in the end mobad? buy the multi-gym or join up at a gym?

Back