GTA-vice city blamed for gun rampage in america

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Two teenage boys who went on a fatal gun rampage in the US have claimed they were influenced by a top-selling video game.

The boys said Grand Theft Auto had inspired them to shoot at passing cars on a motorway in Tennessee.

The game, which is available for the PC and PlayStation, allows players to "fire" on people and cars.

Stepbrothers William and Joshua Buckner, aged 16 and 14 respectively, said they were copying Grand Theft Auto when they opened fire with shotguns.

The boys told police they did not mean to hit people, but the results were catastrophic.

A 45-year-old man was killed and a 19-year-old woman injured in two separate shootings.

The boys each pleaded guilty to reckless homicide, aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

They will be held at a state juvenile detention centre until they turn 19.

The four games in the Grand Theft Auto franchise have propelled manufacturer TAKE2interactive to the top of the video game industry.

The game has an 18 certificate in the UK - but much younger gamers often manage to get their hands on it.

The family of the dead man is suing the maker of the video game.

Finally I have to say this is probably true. I used to think people were using video games as an excuse.

But they obviously do have a big influence on some people. OK these people would be the type to maybe consider commiting such acts, but the influence of the game is the final nail in the coffin so to speak.

I hope the family are successful in their quest. But they're gonna need some good lawyers. For starters where did they get shotguns from. Nuff said:(

wow my 4yr old plays on vicecity its the only one he can do the controls on.ho no i may be in the shit when he gets old then LOL

i dont see how video games can be blamed as there are concequences unlike cartoons where they smash each other to bits and noone gets hurt , thats more dangerous to young minds

Whereas with the computer game. You take on the role of the character, which makes the difference I think.

Back