Grass is never greener........

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm a "member" of another forum (nothing related to here it's an RC forum) and it's rather one sided so to speak, or rather to be fair very heavily influenced towards one mode of power source.

So i get notifications when new posts are placed in RC Sales, and 75% of them are completely uninteresting to me, mainly because I have no RC equipment with an electric power source, so take today; 14 emails and notifications while in work in the space on an hour (beep buzz...beep buzz), of which one maybe I was remotely interested in. It's pointless to say the least.

Simply enough request, I ask as you would in any other forum in their suggestions sextion, and nicely too that would it be possible to split the RC Sales sections into sub forums as I'm sure I'm not the only one that subscribes and it would make sense, even the older items you could simply place in an archive.

The response from one member

"it's fine, nothing wrong"

A moderator then locks it with a comment, "This has been talked about ......... the conclusion: Word the title on your sales ad correctly. That is all"

Now to me, not only is that rude, but it's arrogant and absolutely no way to run or take on board a comment. Even if it was difficult to do, which it isn't .

Infuriates me just how closed minded some people are.....

I even had another member message me to to say, a simple, 'thanks for the suggestion' would have gone a long way and that it wound him up too, and it wasn't even his thread.

Some Mods and Admin on some sites seem to think that they are above everyone on their forums and tend to have a very small clique of posters who bolster their egos in the hope of becoming one of the "elite". They have no real interest in the subject of the forum because they are too busy promoting their own self importance and usually suspend or ban anyone who has the temerity to oppose their opinions.
Without trying to sound like a kiss ass, I would like to say that we are pretty fortunate on here to have the Mods and Admin that we have and that they actually sacrifice a lot of time in managing, improving and promoting the site. This forum has realised that it had to progress from it's original purpose and move in the direction that the members wanted and in my opinion has done that very successfully and has diversified to include the needs and wants of it's members.

Some Mods and Admin on some sites seem to think that they are above everyone on their forums and tend to have a very small clique of posters who bolster their egos in the hope of becoming one of the "elite". They have no real interest in the subject of the forum because they are too busy promoting their own self importance and usually suspend or ban anyone who has the temerity to oppose their opinions.
Without trying to sound like a kiss ass, I would like to say that we are pretty fortunate on here to have the Mods and Admin that we have and that they actually sacrifice a lot of time in managing, improving and promoting the site. This forum has realised that it had to progress from it's original purpose and move in the direction that the members wanted and in my opinion has done that very successfully and has diversified to include the needs and wants of it's members.

So today's issue is my signature is too big.....despite the fact they haven't bothered employing any sort of limits to signature space and the fact that the moderator in question and other members have a bigger sig than I do!!!! talk about hypocritical.

Same Forum Mod too....... Grrr.

This is the third time in the last few weeks; either he's a complete tosser with an ego bigger than my sig, or he has some kind of grudge......

The sad thing is the forum is just an extension of their web store and shop. It's not a big contingency of members, and it is a useful and helpful site, some of the members do have pi$$ poor attitudes towards others, and others cant help you enough, but i think that they like to make out the site is the best, whereas i would say there is lots of room for improvement with only a small amount of effort.

One of my mates stopped using it as he thought it was all very cliquey and some of their members had a really bad attitude towards new people.

EDIT: Apparently I should and i quote "I should configure my attitude, and sod off back to my tech forum" because I made a point that if they want to set limitations it can be done from the board config.

Last edited:
You say it's not a big deal to do, it obviously is for these people. Maybe if it's an online store's forum it may have been setup for them by an outside source and they don't know how to make the changes easily?

You say it's not a big deal to do, it obviously is for these people. Maybe if it's an online store's forum it may have been setup for them by an outside source and they don't know how to make the changes easily?

It's possible, but I doubt it. It's difficult to explain, but it's basically a control panel with some options and criteria. You don't have to be completely technical to understand it.

The forum and all the content is managed by the staff themselves, they are online. The board itself is using Invision PB, which is pretty much self explanatory on how to operate; if you can upload content, you can alter a configuration page to change space limitations (it's no different and probably easier than changing a margin on a word document).

That said it wasn't my primary point, it was more so the hypocrisy, attitude and willingness.

Last edited:
I understand, they could have explained to you their reasons for not doing as You asked, and the mod in question is probably an arse,
but as on d/w You like to give the staff the benefit of the doubt and know there are reasons?

Last edited:
Back