[graphics] about to rip the TM TWIN apart

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
tonight, ive been playing with the TM-TWIN, and the skin is the ViX dark (or night or whatever they call it, the black one) skin.

from experience with playing with other skins (no, not 4 ones) and graphics within the images, i think its be a case of switching about 6-8 small png files to DW-ise this skin

this would also have the added bonus of being compatible with ViX image default settings for Vu+ and Clarktech receivers running ViX images (and its only a matter of time untill they start on DM images as well)

While it wont actually change the way anything on the skin, or any of the functionality of the image works, itd be a little DW personalisation.

Do any of our graphics peeps want me to rip and upload the files thatd need editing, and screenshots of what they look like in place, to have a play with?

ive ripped them from the image, and can see what a 'potch job' iQ have made of putting their graphics into it lol, its the sort of thing that i did when i very first started playing with all this stuff

theres references to ViX and DMM all over this image, the DMM references are left behind by Vu, which have also been left behind by ViX, which have also been left behind by iQ. i could get rid of them all just like i did in the TM800 image that was released by DW, but ill wait and see what the 'final' release is like first

not including the spinner, which is made up of at least 12 png files to make a moving graphic, theres less than 6 small png files that would need editing to convert whats seen into a DW image, or about 9 files to ensure nothing from ViX slips through, to remove DMM stuf as well would be around 15 files

quite a lot is still aimed at Vix, the crash log sends you to WOS

Im slowly getting it to look how Im used to lol

Dude can you change much without having the source ?

cant really change much, but can change small things via and 'addon' pack

on the last image that i saw a green screen on (even though its now black) it said to email andy @ Wos, this one now says someone at google mail or something, cant really remember, but i did see it

tbh, i like some of the 'extras' that the vix images etc offer, the DBUK image is the basic openPLi image with a few things added on, the TM800 image was the very bare basic openPLi, with a few things taken off lol

things like the IMDB shortcuts, single button press EPG, make it 'nice' but its little things that take getting used to, when i first changed from nabilo black hole on my DM800, i hated EVERYfkinTHING about every image i tried lol, but, after playing with the TM800, found that i auto knew where everything was on the dbuk image, as its all openPli based as well. the ViX image, i did have to get used to, a lot, and recently went from ViX 2.0 (old) to ViX2.3 (latest, which TM TWIN also uses) on my duo, and didnt like it at all, so went back to 2.0

the TM-TWIN uses 2.3, but with a quite a bit of the 'new' features disabled

things like where the crash log sends people can also be changed without having full access to the source, but, things like that also leave a 'scar' or signature on the receivers file system, and while it doesnt actually do any harm, it shows 'other' teams whats been edited, things like this are why ONLY the DW TM800 image said 'DW TEAM' on the display during booting instead of technomate, the 'transformer' could have done it, but then so could have everyone else ;) editing things at source gives ALL files a start date of zero, no matter what you change ;)

I know the images aint finished and box aint released and all that, but Im building up the crash logs lol
do I send them to TM, Vix, iQ or WOS ? (joke)

Attachments

• crash logs.JPG
    crash logs.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
if it says to send them to WoS, thats where id send them m8 lol

interesting to see that it reports the receiver as a DM500HD though, this shows that WoS has the 500HD files and are playing with them as well ;)

Im not sending no crash logs mate lol

I see the reference to 500HD too and thought the very same

Back