got Scart to RGB Lead for dbox but pic is in black & white? please can someone help

gsim

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i got a Scart to RGB Lead for my dbox2. and the pic is in black and white ? when i try to change the settings on the box its still the same . member on this site told me to buy that lead. not sue if its the image or not? dont think its the lead thow

please can someone help me out

thanks gism

Re: got Scart to RGB Lead for dbox but pic is in black & white? please can someone he

It's not the image and I know you can scart to scart as my bro has one on his system with no problems.

But I suspect that scart to RGB is a problem as the output from the box will not give the signal conditions that RGB in on the TV would look for and therefore you get B&W.

Re: got Scart to RGB Lead for dbox but pic is in black & white? please can someone he

have u got a cheap scasrt lead u probaly need 21pin all connected could possibly fix your probs

edit - wrong advise given, should have read the 1st post properly lol

Last edited:

Just to clarify I'm not going against what another memeber has said or is using.

Can you clarify exactly what you are trying to do, name the euipment your using.

Note not all scart connectors have component video on them but you would require this on any equipment if you want to do what you are trying to do.

Some scart to rgb converters have sync and are also bidirectioinal. The one you have appears to be omni directional, one way only. But again I'm not saying this is your problem.

I do recall trying to scart rgb from my bros dbox but it did not work and was confirmed by someone with more experience at the time than I that it would not work.

The following link shows the difference between yours and 2 other types. The blurb on the seconfd item also confirms requirement of component video to be present on any equipment.

RGB Plus Sync RGBS Scart Adapter Only 6.84 at TVCables

Again I'm not saying one of these will work but it is the type I used on my Bros system.

ok cool. thanks for that m8. i am using a seagem dbox2. its ok about the lead. not a prob. i was just trying to get the best picture i can wth the box. output through my projector. mabay i'll order that adatopr of that link you put in your post.

thanks gsim

I Found Andomeda V 2.0
Is a good top quality image for Pic output......Paul

you need to switch your video output mode to YUV+CVBS, works well for me using commando 6 on a nokia dbox2. Lead is actually a scart to component lead.

Back