Got a couple of Pace 4001's, but what to do?

KeepGood2006

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post in this forum. I just found the place...and what a find! Full of great info :)

I have two spare Pace 4001 boxes and I'm wanting to do something with them.

I connected to them via a serial link but they don't seem to have a shell on them so I cant really start playing with them :(

I'd really like to play with the software a bit. My idea was to setup my own streaming media server and start streaming my own media to them :)

Does anyone have any good links to how I can start messing with these boxes? I really feel like breaking something :)

Cheers

dont want to sound picky as it is your first post
but normally ppl introduce themselves here:
General Phone Discussions
after telling us a bit about yourself read the rules here :
[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/rules.php?[/DLMURL]
then use the search facility which is here
Advanced Search - World of Digital
so as not to upset anyone, then post your questions or advice in the relevant room please after you have used the search facility . The basic stuff has already been covered many times before and it will save you annoying ppl you might need later on by asking basic questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that JimmyQ.

I've made a little post letting peeps know who I am :)

Sorry if that appeared to be a silly noob question but it was more of a 'what can I do with these boxes that they normally wouldn't do'.

I've been into cable hacking for a while. Its not like I've never seen a cable box before :) I'm usually more into the hardware; lifting TSOPs for peeps and extracting appropriate info from the roms, well you know what I mean.

I'm trying to be careful what I say in that I've tried reading the forum rules but I get the following when trying to read them.....

KeepGood2006, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Kinda bizarre considering I've already activated my account lol

Cheers for the reply again m8, I'll watch my step :)

KeepGood2006 said:
Thanks for that JimmyQ.
I've made a little post letting peeps know who I am :)
Sorry if that appeared to be a silly noob question but it was more of a 'what can I do with these boxes that they normally wouldn't do'.
I've been into cable hacking for a while. Its not like I've never seen a cable box before :) I'm usually more into the hardware; lifting TSOPs for peeps and extracting appropriate info from the roms, well you know what I mean.
I'm trying to be careful what I say in that I've tried reading the forum rules but I get the following when trying to read them.....
KeepGood2006, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Kinda bizarre considering I've already activated my account lol
Cheers for the reply again m8, I'll watch my step :)
Might be down to your low post count m8? ......

Hi All,

I think it's down to the work on the site that Mickie's doing?
As I to can not read the rules and I've been here for a couple of weeks now. LOL

Back