Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

good printer app?

melttc

DW Regular
hi guys

does anyone have any good printer apps , I want to get my mum hooked up to her Epson printer it is not wireless so not sure if it can be done??

same information still applies.

You can get printers that are google cloud print aware as well.

Sorry my question was which apps are you trying to print from ?

to be honest m8 I don't think you will get an app, unless if your printer is an air printer or supports eprint, I ended up getting a HP5520 works great with apple and android tablets/mobiles.

Just to clarify,

How you can print depends on your printer. Many modern wireless printers have an Android compatibility in which case you can install the vendors app on your phone and that should be it.

If you don't have a compatible printer then Android and Chromebooks natively supports printing via Google Cloud Printing, There is no need to install extra software on your device for this to work however your Android app has to be GCP aware. As expected most Google apps such as Chrome, Google Apps, maps, etc are GCP aware. There are other 'productivity' apps such as Picasso which are also GCP aware. You will see a print option in the application for those apps that can print. See my link in post #2

The second part of GCP is to install a bit of software on the windows PC that the printer is attached to. You configure the software to connect to Google cloud and select which printer you wish to share. You can then print from any Android device, from anywhere in the world, as long as you use the correct Google account.

How to Setup Wireless Printing for Your Tablet - Lenovo FAQs| Lenovo (US)

Back