good and bad qual food

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask people something.

do you think kids dont like certain vegs and meat cause of the qual cause i mainly buy cheap mince from the supermarket and once a month treat myself to some prime mince of the butchers and some organic vegs and the taste is so diffrent.Im a stickler for having veg everyday may not hve me 5 a day everyday but i have at least 3-4 veg a day as i love experimenting and always cook for all of us and always comes out ok.I find cooking very relaxing.

You really do only get what you pay for.
Sometiems there are good qual food items at good prices but in reflection you can tell most of the time the cheap from the expensive.
Only my opinion though.

I totally agree with that my old nan used to say that god rest her soul she was one of these people who wouldnt buy supermarket own brands and everytime i went shopping for her it was the same old speech "you only get what you pay for" lol.Bless her still hear her voice saying tht lol

i don't know about buying the supermarket own brands as they are quite often made by the same people that make the more expensive brands, but when it comes to cheaper mince it's full of fat. just look at the labels the next time and it will tell you what percentage of fat is in it.

For what concern the mince meat, Evastar said right things, the meat cheap,( and I know why exist, lot's poeple cannot afford to spend more and I feel sorry for them,) but anyhow, is fully fat, this is why is cheap, less meat more fat.. the best mince meat is from veal, I use this one , but I can understand , cost very much more, but we live one time only..

Back