golf mk5 drivers door lock not working?

jammoboss

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi

I got into my car (golf mk5 tdi) using the remote, all doors unlocked. I drove down the road and when i went to lock it, i noticed my window was slightly open so instead of opening the door and putting the key into the ignition, i used the hold down key to close the window but the window decided to open a bit more and stop, (happens all the time), in the end i had to open the window fully then close it all using the remote.

I then went to lock the door and i heard the doors lock but no indicators flashed. The drivers door lock did not work, it only works with the key now, i tried inside lock but no luck.

Could this be another electrical problem?

I went to the garage the other week because my esp light wont go off and they hocked it up using vag com and gave me a list of errors which could be reset and they wanted £40 (vw wanted £75). I wanted to do it myself using Ross tech Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Downloads: Which One? and buy one of these vag com, Vehicle Parts Accessories, Consumer Electronics, Computing items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

anyone know if this is easy to do and what lead i need? oh and any help with my door locks would help

thanks

This site should help out with the door locks, It is for a passat but they are probably the same on the golf taligentx.com: Passat - Door Lock Mechanism Repair

Check your brake light bulbs with regards to the esp. We had a similar problem so had the car hooked up only to find it was the brake light causing the problems!!!

Si

Got in the car today and I noticed the drivers indicator on the wing mirror doesn’t work plus the drivers side electric mirror doesn’t work, it controls the passenger side for some reason even when its on R, the other problem is the windows, when I open them a bit then go to close them the open all the way.

forgot to say the driver mirror is not being heated either, is this a wiring problem?

Last edited:
i had a similar problem on my tt with the window not dropping when opening the door which it should do ,it was a microswitch in the door lock mechanism what was causing the problems i got a second hand lock and just changed the microswitch over on it bit of soldering invovled but fairly easy this may be your problem ..

vagcom is fairly easy to use m8 u can clear codes easy with it if thats what u want to do but do be sure not to alter anything on it.. thats if u dont know what your doing.. i got a lead of ebay works very well..

have a look here m8 http://www.waheedkhan.com/vagcom/vagcom.htm http://www.waheedkhan.com/vagcom/vagcomfaults.htm

Last edited:
the wiring has broke m8 where your door meets the door hinges

doornaked.jpg

u can see where his repairing here

Last edited:
i had a similar problem on my tt with the window not dropping when opening the door which it should do ,it was a microswitch in the door lock mechanism what was causing the problems i got a second hand lock and just changed the microswitch over on it bit of soldering invovled but fairly easy this may be your problem ..

vagcom is fairly easy to use m8 u can clear codes easy with it if thats what u want to do but do be sure not to alter anything on it.. thats if u dont know what your doing.. i got a lead of ebay works very well..

have a look here m8 Waks Wide Web Waks Wide Web

thanks for the info.

Which lead is best from ebay?

do you think its definatley the wiring, im paying someone £35 just to look tomorrow, if its that easy, i might cancel

thanks for the info.

Which lead is best from ebay?

do you think its definatley the wiring, im paying someone £35 just to look tomorrow, if its that easy, i might cancel
just pull the rubber back m8 , it might only be the earth wire ,, bit of solder and your done

i will take a look tomorrow if its not raining lol

Sorry to ask another question i know it has been wet but everytime i pull off in 1st even starting of very slow i feel a judder (like a smalll wheel spin). same in second gear but not as loud/feel to it, It will hopefully be dry tomorrow so i can see if it was the rain. Could this be anything else.

just for your info your car is canbus based

the cheap vagcom leads at a tenner wont work

you need at least a vcds lead at 805.1 version

approx 50 quid

as for easy to use , yes very easy and will save you cash time and time over

you cn also modify things in the cars settings

log the cars perfomance etc

Back