Gold Card to OSC

Steve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

THis may seem a stupid question (and no doubt part frowned upon)

I purchased a Goldie (yes, that's the frowned upon part as since found this site and know not the done thing and wont happen again as waiting delivery of my Elvis, but please bear with me)

As I said, purchased a Goldie (supposedly an AU, don't know what the difference is between an AU or an RU as have to enter the codes for the month)

The expiry is Nov 2002 and wondered if I could copy the info and transfer to a dead OSC.

I ask as I believe that if you try to read a Goldie you end up erasing it.

If it can be done would there be any benefit (less ECM's or what) as at present cannot view any of the S** channels and no doubt needs programming ... so where does the AU come into it I wonder .. lost the S** channels after 2 weeks and person purchased from never replied to my e-mails).

Hope the above makes sense

Thanking in advance

the information that is on the card is useless and if it is a auto update card then it would be most likely that it is useing management keys that were in the public domain and have all been zapped the hex is most likely to be keylog if it a auto card but the only way around this is to get a elvis programmer and learn to program the card for your self a remote card is one that you add the updated codes by useing your remote control

[ 19 March 2002: Message edited by: Damage ]</p>

So seems I was sold a pup ... no wonder they won't answer e-mails.

Oh well, all part of the learning curve I suppose (even though it was wrong of them to say AU when not and charging as much as they did)

If I had known then what I know now then I would have got myself an Elvis and started from scratch.

Thanks for your reply Damage, much appreciated, but is there no way to read a goldie and save it somewhere without it erasing the goldie ?

If you are having to enter monthly codes then its not an AU so therefore any mk1 and ppua found on it will be of no use to you at all. If it had a valid mk1 and ppua on it then you could read the Pic from the card. Save the Pic for later before going any further. Then read the Eeprom and save that also. Then load that eeprom file using snx editor. You would then see the ppua and the mk1 opposite 09. You could then copy these and transfer them to to your osc. You may also then have to reprog your goldie with the 2 files previously saved. Eeprom first then Pic in that order. Think thats about right.

As I said ... sold a pup.

Have to enter codes every month (found this out beginning this month when all I got was a black screen and nothing else)

Hurry up Elvis and enter the building ... please

Thanks Speccy and Damage for all your help, hope I can help someone in the future as everyone here has helped with all my questions.

Back