Goalkeeper Jens Lehmann set to rejoin Arsenal

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Arsenal are close to signing 41-year-old Jens Lehmann for the rest of the season, BBC Sport understands.

Injuries to Wojciech Szczesny, Lukasz Fabianski and Vito Mannone have left Manuel Almunia as the only fit keeper.

The ex-Germany keeper played 199 times for Arsenal between 2003 and 2008 but has been a free agent since retiring in 2010 after two years with Stuttgart.

If the deal is done in time, Lehmann is likely to be included in the squad for Saturday's trip to West Brom.

BBC Sport - Goalkeeper Jens Lehmann set to rejoin Arsenal

I LOL'd when i saw this... i thought it was a joke..

but then remembered arsenal have 3 keepers out!!

we was an idiot (IMO).. but at least he was an entertaining idiot..

There was only one goalkeeper in the world who was worse than the ones we got now, three guesses who that might have been!

What a joke. Wenger trully has lost it and I was his biggest fan.

Its good business, we have 3 keepers injured for the rest of the season, at what other club does that happen lol.

He is a little mental but you forget he won the season unbeaten with us, and whilst a little mad, he is/was no doubt a very good keeper... the only problem is his age and he has not played for 6 months :(

I actually think its very good business to be honest. van der sar is 40/41 (not sure) and made his first ever (man utd) man of the match award against us last week... says it all really!

Mick

he's backup to almunia so doubt you'll actually use him anyway... he'll probably play some reserve games to improve his match fitness for i think its a good move by wenger considering the window is closed.. losin 3 keepers to injury is pretty bad luck tbh...

Also ther shouldn't be a big clash between Lehmann and Almunia like there was last time as Almunia was the one pushing Lehmann out, I bet they still hate each other though pmsl

Back