Gloucestershire Couple Give Toddler Daily Dose Of Paracetomol To Keep Him Quiet

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Most parents can look forward to the time when their baby will sleep all the way through the night and they too, can sleep undisturbed. In the United Kingdom however, a Gloucestershire couple has used another method for their toddler’s uninterrupted sleep.
For the last 18 months, the parents have been dosing their toddler with the painkiller Paracetamol. They started giving the drug to their baby so they could sleep undisturbed each night. The mother used drugs throughout her pregnancy, leading to her daughter being born with an addiction.

Instead of actually solving the issue with the infant, they chose to continue giving her the painkiller. Health and law officials were notified when a relative informed them of the parents actions. Upon examining the girl, officials also discovered indications of an anti-anxiety medication in her system.

According to the Daily Mail, the woman was sentenced to 18 months suspended for a period of two years, while the man was given a 12 month sentence suspended for the same period.

The Gloucestershire parents met when they were both receiving treatment in a rehab clinic.

Source:Gloucestershire Couple Give Toddler Daily Dose Of Paracetomol To Keep Him Quiet

I thought the story what was posted on here earlier about the mum giving her 13 year old daughter drugs was bad till i read this.Sick sick parents they deserve longer sick muppets

I bet they didn't even realise the problems they are causing.

I bet they didn't even realise the problems they are causing.

I'd be surprised if many people realise just how dangerous paracetamol can be...

...bought over the counter, an overdose needs to be treated quickly (after 12 hours, death is likely). You'll have no symptoms at first and when you do get them it's game over - it's too late. Your liver is shot, a few days on hospital food followed by hallucinations and a box party.

I'd be surprised if many people realise just how dangerous paracetamol can be...

...bought over the counter, an overdose needs to be treated quickly (after 12 hours, death is likely). You'll have no symptoms at first and when you do get them it's game over - it's too late. Your liver is shot, a few days on hospital food followed by hallucinations and a box party.

yes excess Paracetamol builds up, and stays, in the liver.
I speak from experience here, though one i have never talked of before. nor again I'd guess!
I've been through, survived and totally recovered from a Paracetamol overdose.
my overwhelming memory is shiteing charcoal briquettes, for some time after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh yeah and the section hearing)

I hear "give her some Calpol" as a catch all solution so many times it makes me mad. we even have a repeat prescription for both Calpol (paracetamol) and Ibuprofen (aspirin based) just in case?????????????
neither should be given too often or consistently.

now perhaps our case is different, my daughter can not talk or indicate what her problem is, but this does not make the drugs any safer.
I have in stock and have to administer, drugs that are normally only ever administered by highly trained medical people (doctors or consultants).
not only that but i have to decide when and for how long we use them.

It, in my view, is the heaviest of my parental responsibility's.

yes excess Paracetamol builds up, and stays, in the liver.
I speak from experience here, though one i have never talked of before. nor again I'd guess!
I've been through, survived and totally recovered from a Paracetamol overdose.
my overwhelming memory is shiteing charcoal briquettes, for some time after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh yeah and the section hearing)

I hear "give her some Calpol" as a catch all solution so many times it makes me mad. we even have a repeat prescription for both Calpol (paracetamol) and Ibuprofen (aspirin based) just in case?????????????
neither should be given too often or consistently.

now perhaps our case is different, my daughter can not talk or indicate what her problem is, but this does not make the drugs any safer.
I have in stock and have to administer, drugs that are normally only ever administered by highly trained medical people (doctors or consultants).
not only that but i have to decide when and for how long we use them.

It, in my view, is the heaviest of my parental responsibility's.

I think there is a lack of education and information happening. There are kids drugs available OTC here that are banned for under 2 in the US. At least they are looking at the problem,

FDA rejects ban on child cold medicines - Health - Children's health | NBC News

agreed, but my advice is coming from highly qualified medical professionals, or so it says on their doors!!!!!!!!!!

as for the US "looking at the problem". lol
the drug peddles just claim First Amendment rights.
thats why American kids are bombarded by the most untruthful adverts 24X7

Back