Glasgow Pensioner Killed

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A 93-year-old widow has been murdered in a sickening attack at her home on Christmas Eve.
1264379.jpg

Margaret Weir, who lived alone, was subjected to a "particularly violent attack" by the killer who broke in, police said.

Her body was discovered by a neighbour shortly after 8am on Friday in her flat in Raglan Street, Woodside, in the Maryhill area of Glasgow.

Strathclyde Police confirmed Mrs Weir was murdered, after a post-mortem examination was carried out.

The pensioner, who was known as Peggy to her neighbours, was widowed 10 years ago.

Detective Superintendent Kenny Watters said he was appalled by the murder.

"We are still trying to establish a motive for this cowardly crime and are pursuing all lines of inquiry," he said.

"This was a particularly violent attack and I find it despicable that a lady who has lived through two world wars is killed in such a manner."

Mr Watters believes the killer may have broken into Mrs Weir's flat three hours before her body was discovered.

He said police were anxious to speak to anyone who was in the area in the early hours of Friday.

This isn't the first one in the West End of Glasgow.
A few years ago another pensioner was battered to death and the investigation went on for over a year. Only by chance they arrested this guy for a Breach of Peace (Disturbance) and now at any arrest a mandatory DNA is taken. The put this guys into the mainframe and it set off alarm bells as it was an exact match to the sample they took from the womans body. That was him arrested and convicted and received a life sentence to serve no less than 25 years.
Prison ain't good enough for these beasts. I know what I'd do to them.

Glasgow has always been a very violent place, i know as do a few other members of the forums i expect.....i lived there for a few years in my younger years and i don't forget it......crime is a way of life on some estates in the west end, lot's of drug addicts and needle pushers waiting for their next fix.......this is just 1 of many attacks in that area that has been highlighted and i'm not suprised what the news reports say in that area.

Being born and bred in Glasgow this kind of crime still makes me sick this old lady probably worked hard all her life just for some evil b*stard to take away her life probably needed his next fix and not got the balls to shoplift something from a shop he would rather attack an old age pensioner living in her own home who tusted her nieghbours that much she left her door on the latch like loads of other people still trusting enough do. hope they catch him and he has a fall down steps a couple of dozen times. jail is to good for these sick b*stards take them to a remote island and leave them there for about six months see if they survive then jail them.

Back