• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Prefer not to say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So am I right in thinking when it comes to vote in the house of commons if all the Tories vote one way for them to llose all Labour, SNP, LD and some of the DUP or others would all have to vote the other way ?.

If that's the case I think the Tories have absolute fcuk all to fear. That will never happen in the memory of man. There's always a few Labour who will oppose the scruffy get Corbyn. People have short memories not long back half of Labour wanted him out.
What she has to be careful of now is a vote of no confidence, if she upsets to many Tories they will vote against her along with the other parties, even if a lot of Labour MP's don't like Corbyn, they would soon rally together if it meant getting into power

There will probably be another general election within the next 12 to 18 months, Not sure if Teresa May will still be Tory Leader, my guess it will be Mr Johnson

What she has to be careful of now is a vote of no confidence, if she upsets to many Tories they will vote against her along with the other parties, even if a lot of Labour MP's don't like Corbyn, they would soon rally together if it meant getting into power

There will probably be another general election within the next 12 to 18 months, Not sure if Teresa May will still be Tory Leader, my guess it will be Mr Johnson

:goodpost:

Well then, a Bronto post on politics that I can agree with! I think you're spot-on here.

Though if Bonking Boris gets the job I think we're all ****ed.

Teresa May's coat is on a shakey nail and she wont last the year tbh. The tail is wagging the dog already she wil become a puppet with no clout. She is in no fit state to negotiate Brexit but could be argued who the fook is lol.
@countryboy as for you wanting sturgeon to keep pushing idie 2 then you are as deluded as her lol. The electorate have sent a clear message and if she doesnt heed it she will be out of power in the next Scottish elections. Let SNP bury the indie thing for a generation and get on with what she has been elected to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
To stay as Prime Minister, Theresa May needs the votes of MPs from a Northern Irish party called the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP). [1] There's a risk this hands the DUP too much power - and that the DUP could use this power to impose their dangerous views on climate change, abortion, or gay rights.

Negotiations are happening right now. [2] A debate is raging within the Conservative Party about what to offer the DUP. One Conservative big-hitter has already suggested a deal with the DUP could mean a vote on restricting women's right to have an abortion. [3]

Let's prove that the public won't accept any coalition deal that attacks women's rights, or same-sex marriage, or action on climate change. A huge petition now will prove just how unpopular such a deal would be.

Please can you sign the urgent petition now?
Sign Here

To stay as Prime Minister, Theresa May needs the votes of MPs from a Northern Irish party called the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP). [1] There's a risk this hands the DUP too much power - and that the DUP could use this power to impose their dangerous views on climate change, abortion, or gay rights.

Negotiations are happening right now. [2] A debate is raging within the Conservative Party about what to offer the DUP. One Conservative big-hitter has already suggested a deal with the DUP could mean a vote on restricting women's right to have an abortion. [3]

Let's prove that the public won't accept any coalition deal that attacks women's rights, or same-sex marriage, or action on climate change. A huge petition now will prove just how unpopular such a deal would be.

Please can you sign the urgent petition now?
Sign Here
this is the tory party voted for . im ashamed to say it it but you get the government you deserve.

hi ive not been around for a while...so hi guys
but i think going into coalition with the DUP is a very dangerous road for the British goverment to go down , Irish peace process. (anything for power) typical tories.
David cameron and george osborne sacrificed europe for the sake of the tory party ( referendum) and theresa may has done the same with the country(election) all for power.

hi ive not been around for a while...so hi guys
but i think going into coalition with the DUP is a very dangerous road for the British goverment to go down , Irish peace process. (anything for power) typical tories.
David cameron and george osborne sacrificed europe for the sake of the tory party ( referendum) and theresa may has done the same with the country(election) all for power.

The one thing this is not going to be is a formal coalition. The DUP will just promise to support the government on votes of confidence and the budget, in return for more public money for Northern Ireland. On other issues, which are not vital to the government's survival, they will vote as they please.

Oh well, might as well add my thoughts: unmitigated disaster all round, complete shambles.

May: snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopelessly lacklustre.
Corbyn: Offered everyone free stuff forever, still couldn't win.
Farron: Takes on a Cumbrian sheep farmer dressed as a fish finger. Benny Hill.
Sturgeon: Loses a tranche of seats. Good.
Clegg: Loses his seat. Even better.
Soubry: Keeps her seat. Years left of the screeching harridon. Disaster.
Abbott: Regular car crash interviews, keeps her seat, free-stuff voters.
Minorities: Spouting the usual incoherent drivel.

The biggest losers though? Us.

It matters little to me, I can avoid it. Perhaps I should have said 'you'. Plural, obviously.

Oh well, might as well add my thoughts: unmitigated disaster all round, complete shambles.

May: snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopelessly lacklustre.
Corbyn: Offered everyone free stuff forever, still couldn't win.
Farron: Takes on a Cumbrian sheep farmer dressed as a fish finger. Benny Hill.
Sturgeon: Loses a tranche of seats. Good.
Clegg: Loses his seat. Even better.
Soubry: Keeps her seat. Years left of the screeching harridon. Disaster.
Abbott: Regular car crash interviews, keeps her seat, free-stuff voters.
Minorities: Spouting the usual incoherent drivel.

The biggest losers though? Us.

As usual on the ball mate ;)

Just over three months later and how much change has occurred? TM is still PM, Brexit moves forward, what it ultimately looks like is an entirely different matter.

Will the UK drop to WTO rules? Will it matter? Will Remain finally accept the result?

Any further thoughts?

The EU can huff and puff all they want about the UK leaving but ultimately they will have to back down.

The EU as an institution seems more concerned the maintaining the size of the largess it hands out as a way of maintaining its influence over member states. It's about to suffer a 10% cut in its income, doesn't like it and his trying to hold the UK to ransom over the divorce bill. Other wise companies like Germany will have to stump up more (highly unpopular) or countries like Poland will get fewer handouts (highly unpopular).

The member states have every interest in maintaining good trade links with the UK as their economies will be hit if mutual tariffs go up. As value of the UK/EU trade is an order of magnitude greater that the overall value of the EU budget, sooner or later countries like Germany are going to start smacking the EU negotiators around the head.

All the UK has to do is maintain that it'll only pay what it's legally obliged to and let nature take its course. Eventually the EU's negotiation team will be told to wind its neck in and focus on trade.

Back