GBOX with Dreambox 500S

Colossus1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I presently use the Dreambox 500C but some time ago purchased a Dreambox 500S. Once I got it I realised that I could not get channels without getting into motorised dishes.

I now read on ebay that a Dreambox 500S can be used with Gbox 2.25 software. Am I mistaken in thinking that this will allow me to use my existing dish with the Dreambox 500S and the Gbox software to get all usual s@y sports/m@vies etc.

If not, is there any way of achieving this without having to have a specific card programmed.

your way off m8........

to use your db500s you will need a sat dish wether it is a fixed unit or a motorized it is a must. if its fixed then you will only pick up whatever sat it is pointing at and with motorized you can move it to different sats.

gbox is just an emu that you use to read your subscribed card ie, to use your sky card. it is the best emu at the moment for card sharing and it also has key files that you can upload and providing that the sat/package is open/cracked and there is keys on the internet then it will decode whatever it has keys for. but to be honest there are better emus out there for watching the cracked providers with key files. gbox is mostly for card sharing

there are no keys for sky and it is not cracked so you will never be able to view sky without an original card....

sorry to jump in but whats the difference between the 500C and the 500S?

you sure ive been offered 500c for sat?

*****my mistake it is a S****

Last edited:
Hello mate very clear answer thanks. However, I still have a question, i know dreambox 500c (cable version can view s*k mv/sprt). I can ftp down the key file, can I use the same key file for 500s to watch s*k channels?

your way off m8........

to use your db500s you will need a sat dish wether it is a fixed unit or a motorized it is a must. if its fixed then you will only pick up whatever sat it is pointing at and with motorized you can move it to different sats.

gbox is just an emu that you use to read your subscribed card ie, to use your sky card. it is the best emu at the moment for card sharing and it also has key files that you can upload and providing that the sat/package is open/cracked and there is keys on the internet then it will decode whatever it has keys for. but to be honest there are better emus out there for watching the cracked providers with key files. gbox is mostly for card sharing

there are no keys for sky and it is not cracked so you will never be able to view sky without an original card....

Hello buddy thanks so much for clarify. I am quite intested in dreambox card share now, But I search the forum, seem no any dreambox card share tutorial here, do you have any information on this?

Thanks so much for your time.

Nope. Satellite & cable are completely different.
You are new here laopai007 so you should read this thread first- http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36956
Hopefully that explains in full.

you will need someone with a gbox server. more than likely (in my experience) they will ask you to have a card to share. I know a few people with servers.

PM me for details

Back