Garmin StreetPilot i3 GPS for £199.99

Whay hey! I went out and bught one and ... it's fantastic. Two hundred quid - what a bargain. I've loaded the speedcameras onto it and i love it.
I haven't dared tell the missus yet though .....

I bought one of these for the misses on her birthday. She finds it easy to use and doesn't get lost anymore!! Is there any greater endorsement than that?

One point, go to the Garmin website and download the Software update. If you are on version 2.3, you may get lock-up problems. The update resolves this.

They had no stock at my local Maplins, so I bought it from PC World - they are in Dixons, Curry's and PC World for the same price (£199.99).

I'm at risk of becoming a bore on this subject .... but after three weeks I don't go out without my brilliant i3. Done the software update and never had a problem.
Last week my car broke down and I was taken by AA to pick up a hire car from Sheffield, which is a place I had never been to. Got dumped in some industrail wasteland. Luckily I had the i3 in my pocket to stop it getting pinched - reunited with my family with no further trouble. Simply magic.
Prices are tumbling on all these gadgets so the January sales will be great - but for the moment I reckon the i3 is pure gold for the money.
Maj.
PS: If you are a London cab driver, please don't buy Sat Nav. Do the Knowledge instead!! I am getting a bit fed up with so-called cabbies who have no idea where they are going and get me stuck in long traffic jams. Sat Nav should be just for us amateurs.

I bought one of these I think it is very good uploaded the POI which seems pretty accurate.

Back