Game disappeared off R4, anybody had similar?

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
I installed around 45 games on a Kingston 2GB card, now housed inside a R4 Revolution cartridge for a friend.
She's just sent me an email asking why a game would disappear off the card which just so happens to be the one her daughter plays on all the time.
Is there a way to manually delete games? If not, any idea what could have happened to the missing game?

Not sure there is a way to delete the game in ds but what way did she word it, you know how kids are....could she have deleted the saved game as this is possible and the game still be there but not her saved game...just a thought.

Hi Jaffa, thanks for your reply.
The email she sent was:

"Sorry to bother you but just wondered if you would
have any idea why one of Alicia's games on her
Nintendo game cartridge would suddenly disappear.She
plays on one particular game continously and its now
vanished.Hope you have some clues why this has
happened."

Hi Jaffa, thanks for your reply.
The email she sent was:

"Sorry to bother you but just wondered if you would
have any idea why one of Alicia's games on her
Nintendo game cartridge would suddenly disappear.She
plays on one particular game continously and its now
vanished.Hope you have some clues why this has
happened."

Well it could be the saved game file but you wont know until you either see it or ask if the game itself is showing on the menu.

The reason I mentioned saved game was because my daughter had a game of some Hamster thing which see used everyday until one day her mum saw her using it and thought she would like to do it aswell and accidently deleted her saved game...lol. But the 1st thing my daughter said to me was "where is my Hamster game, its not showing up anymore" but the actual game was still there just not her saved file.

hi
there is a way to delete games from a r4, if you press x when looking at the games you have the option of deleting

Last edited:
Well it could be the saved game file but you wont know until you either see it or ask if the game itself is showing on the menu.

I've sent her an email asking for clarification.

my girlfriends girl did this to mine, by just quickly pressing random buttons, a big row followed when i said shes not playing it no more lol

but if you press X followed by A to confirm itll delete the .nds game file BUT the .sav file is left intact, so just copy the game back onto the SD card and all of the game save info will still be there ;)

my girlfriends girl did this to mine, by just quickly pressing random buttons, a big row followed when i said shes not playing it no more lol

so you shouted at your girlfriends girl....bet you dont shout at your girlfriend when she pressing your buttons randomly...lol, soz couldnt resist digi.

Back