Game could not be started error 80010002

edds

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to a post I made here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/153090/ my posts 12&14 (didn't want to hijack that thread more than I already had).

Getting the above error with Tiger Wood PGA 08. It's a CSO, but didn't think that made any odds?

I'm running 3.71m33-3 with 1.50 addon. Tried Kernel mode 3.71 and 1.50 no go. A UMD is in, any ideas? Google came up with one hit, no replies to it though that I could see.

Betcha I'm doing summat wrong, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried setting no-umd to the sony one and keeping the umd out?

Also the CSO is in the ISO folder which is on the root of your memory card?

Are you able to run other backups?

It could be that it dont run in cso properly. Dont think mine is cso, and works ok. It could also be the iso you have. Could be dodgy.

im on 3.71 with a cso of tiger and works great
did u have a umd in when it came up error?

First version was 661MB. I've since downloaded a different version, still cso and ripped to about 687MB, the third copy I downloaded was OK according to Quickpar, but winrar says corrupt. It was the full 1.25GB version, but rars equated to 522MB, so I thought it was a bit suss, but d/l'ed it anyway. That was definitely a dodgy one.

Now tried the second CSO version, with settings set to "m33 no umd" and no UMD in drive. Still no go.

Oh well. Any ideas, anyone? Perhaps I do need an ISO version?

have you tried setting no-umd normal and putting a UMD in the drive?

also have you tried deleting the config.se file from flash 1?

have you tried setting no-umd normal and putting a UMD in the drive?

also have you tried deleting the config.se file from flash 1?

Yes to no umd normal with a UMD present (Lumines, I might add, lol)

As for deleting config.se in flash1, no. I'll try that now.

Well, I'll be dipped in dog's eggs. Cheers Kryton, that's got it working.: colors1
Care to explain what it's not required for? Or whatever I think I mean, lol. In other words why does its presence cause the game to not run. And do I need to put that file back at any other time?

Last edited:
after you have deleted it you will need change your settings back in the recovery menu

after you have deleted it you will need change your settings back in the recovery menu
Oh yeah, this is now explaining my last question as to what it's for, lol. All settings put back, ta and it's running OK.

the experts above us must be having a day off :roflmao:

the config.se saves all of your psp's settings.if something in it corrupts then it can cause problems,so you delete it..
it will come back after you have deleted it, once you have put all your settings back to how they were

Last edited:
the experts above us must be having a day off :roflmao:

the config.se saves all of your psp's settings.if something in it corrupts then it can cause problems,so you delete it..
it will come back after you have deleted it, once you have put all your settings back to how they were

i think he may be a derby fan larry

hard to understand(bit thick):silly:

glad ur sorted now m8

Back