Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

game capture device help with ASAP

pspmixer

Inactive User
friend bought a AverMedia Game Capture HD C281 and doesnt know how to install or use
they relised they needed a hard drive with so went and bought a 500GB Portable Hard drive(think its external one)
they dont know how to set up so can use it right
only thing they started to notice is remote only works on start up then stops after that

i have no idea how to so thought id ask on here
hope someone can help
thanks in advance

p.s i have spare internal 2.5 sata hard drive (dont know if it works) would that work better

I have a hauppague HD, and if it's anything like that the you do all the capturing via the software loaded onto a machine some where. (EDIT. just seen you can capture with out a PC)

It would seem that you can capture to the internal HDD. so just a case of getting your inputs and outputs sorted me thinks.

I have

ps3, xbox, dream output via a switch > revo for capture, but I also have a straight through HDMI direct as there's a tiny little bit of lag. I have a really complicated set up, but I wanted my recordings to be available on my network so I can edit them on any rig.

looks like they have a few tuts and fact sheets over here

here

Couple more glasses of sherry and I'm sure you'll get it working. start with the basics and connect it and make sure you can see the output on the TV then work backwards......input etc.

There'll be instructions how to setup online if you search for the avermedia site, I too have the daddy of capture the haupagge hd pvr ... I used mine for recording my xbox and even so i could watch my second dreambox on my laptop through the software if the first dream was occupied by other people in the house.

I use a component to hdmi converter in line with mine which makes it easier to switch over from one item to the next and means i can use hdmi with the xbox instead fo the component leads.

I did ponder the avermedia as you dont need a pc to record as its done on board via the hdd and from what i remember it can even upload direct to youtube ect without the need for a pc (although why you'd want to without an edit is beyond me).

search for the site or youtube as i watched quite a few setup videos on them before i made my choice.

Talking in this thread made me go set mine up again, Ive not used mine for ages but connected it all up and did my first video in what must be 6
months and the first with my RGH console.

Hauppauge HD PVR

34830-152655-290.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back