Full Xbox Jtag Guide (inc Xell and XBR)

Id recomend using the latest XBR_3 as it has the MS Xex media checks removed.
This saves you having to patch your Xexs on your pc and then transfering them back to your 360HD or external HD.

So as soon as you copyDvd with Xexloader you can launch the games.

Brilliant find m8 Im gonna give this a go I think. I will just see if I can reflow this old xenon board with an oven bake and Im gonna go for it. Got me some liqud flux this afternoon so now to get baking done then give this a go. great stuff have some rep

read through it a bunch of times now in preparation.....and of course as normal theres the problem with looking at 20 diff pics of the same thing with diff ways of doing it etc lol.

However I'm wondering about the first part of soldering.

1. I presume this first pic is of the Xenon as it does not say, nor give alternative. (Luckily my mobo is a xenon)

2. Would this be the pic for the non Xenon boards for that part? http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/Grim187/SPI__JTAG_diagram_zephyr-falcon--1.jpg . And also that has J2D2.4 going to J2D2.7 too - is that for the non-xenons only too and therefore xenons should stick to the guide in the pdf instead. (We need a guide like the JF/Textbook tutorials lol)

In the pic of page 6 it says that you may need a diode. Where point 4 is.

3. so should we actually do it without the diode first, and then try diode afters? Or can it do no harm to put the diode on in first place and is this generally recommended?

4. should the diode be attached directly to the motherboard more or less or could it go on the lpt end too

5. Would I be right in that the picture of the lpt is the FRONT side that connects to the PC, and therefore you should actually solder to behind that of course, so in effect having to mirror image the solder (wonder how many people did that to the wrong side :))

Ignore q2... stupid me was confusing the section that the SMC-JTag with the other part thats higher up where the lpt gets soldered too :) schoolboy!!

managed to fix a RRoD from 18 month ago which has really old dashboard.

So im going to give this a go this afternoon

Ordered some parts off ebay last week which claimed it had everything needed to JTAG

JTAG NAND Retreival DIY Kit for xbox 360 on eBay (end time 19-Jan-10 13:22:45 GMT)

But it didnt include any WIRE so im not sure how im ment to do it? whats the ethernet cable for?

realised im supposed to cut up the ethernet cable to use as solder points

do i use a ethernet cable coupler thats provided and then do this with it and then use another ethernet cable to join that to the printer port

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae355/xsv161/8c80f8d4.jpg

Last edited:
I have an xenon 360 and ive done most of the soldering prep but im at the part now where im ready to solder to the XBOX 360 mobo

im not sure which parts need resistors on and which ones go where?

any advice or a link?

cant xbox knock these homebrew out by updating the dash and give updates through games you play like they updated my dash to the new one from the blades through a game

if you update yes-but a simple resistor removal solves this(before hand,removing resistor after taking an update wont help at all)

but ive had games were you have no choice but to update the dash if you want to play the game

Whats the crack with updates in games? are they just a case of video partition holds a more recent dashboard so the game wont play til you update

So am i right in thinking removing the video partitions will allow all new games to play witihout a dahsboard update?

I totally forgot to remove that resistor to stop updates i'll have to do that tomorrow before i start messing around

Is there a program around that will remove any updates from games before i stick them on my xbox hard drive

so where did we get too with games that update the dash?

XBR uses 8955 dash, which is the latest one so any updates will not effect the dash, plus xbr uses it's on efuses

I still have the kits available if you are interested.
There are usb versions but I would say they are not really needed unless you have a bb-jasper or several consoles.

PM me if you are interested.

Jama

Back