iPhone Full Guide To Remove Cydia Error

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting Rid of Bad Cydia Sources for Jailbreak iPhone

For Those Jailbroken Iphone, Which When You Add Or Remove Sources. There Will Be Some Error Such As

IMG_0029-2.png
33thyxk.jpg
de7ncz.jpg

To Remove These Errors

1. Go Into Your Cydia Sources And Note Or Write Down All Your Cydia Sources

2.For Jailbroken iPhone If You Have Install " Openssh " You Can Use Winscp But To Use WinScp You Need To Be Connected Onto A Wifi For Both Of Your Iphone And Computer. If You Have Install " Afc2add " You Can Use i-FunBox, I Reccomend You To Use This As This Is Much More Simple And Does Not Need Wifi Just Your Iphone, Iphone Cable, Computer.

To Use Winscp 1st Find Your Iphone Ip Adress By Going to Setting>Wifi>Under Your Wifi Connection Press the Blue Button Then Check Your Ip Adress. The Open Your Winscp. For Host Name Type In Your Iphone Ip Adress Such As " 192.168.1.6 " For Username Type " root " And For Password Type " alpine ". The alpine Is The Default Password For Your Iphone. If You Have Change Your Iphone Password Type In That Password.

Then First Using Winscp Or i-FunBox Go To This Location In Your Iphone And Delete Everything Inside.
/ private/ etc/ apt/ sources.list.d/

Second Go To This Location And Delete The " metadata.plist "
/ private/ var/ lib/ cydia
Thirdly Go To This Location And Delete Everything Inside Beside The Folder " partial " Then Go Inside That Folder And Delete Everything Inside That Folder Too But Keeep That Folder
/private/var/lib/apt/list

The Now Your Are Finish. Reboot Your Iphone And Go To Your Cydia And Add Back All The Sources Your Written Down And By Now The Error Is No More.

But The Those Basic Repo That Came With The Cydia You Probably Cant Add Back As Those Are Bsic Repo You May Have To Wait For A While Then Cydia Will Auto Add Back For You, Or You Just Go Back To Jailbreak Me After These Steps Then Jailbreak Again If You Are Already Jailbroken It Doesnt Matter If You Jailbreak Again It Wont Do Any Harm. It Only Reinstall Cydia For You With Those Basic Repo. But There Is One Catch. Example If Earlier You Install " Winterboard " You Can Uninstall Or Modify It In Cydia But Once You Reinstall Cydia You Cant See winterBoard At Cydia Package Section. But Then The Winterboard Is Still Install In Iphone Only You Cant See It At The Package Section​

Back