Fuel Protest, Confirmed

The only really effecting protest would be to block the ports, and simply run the country to a stand still.

A level of pain for everyone but I think this government needs a boot up the arse

Peaceful protest never works.
Look through history of any country and you'll see that only pro-active demos acheive anything.
I don't mean violence.

5000 trucks is not the way. 500,000 vehicles around London would have an immediate effect.

Peaceful protest never works.
Look through history of any country and you'll see that only pro-active demos acheive anything.
I don't mean violence.

5000 trucks is not the way. 500,000 vehicles around London would have an immediate effect.
what would the effect prove?

and this is a bad thing because?

would you not prefer 2500 of tax free fuel a year instead of paying the price for diesel at the pump now?

they have actually made it law that a percentage of diesel on forecourts is biodiesel. of course this means that farmers can make a little money growing food or a lot more growing fuel. do u see the problem here?

that is slightly different to recycling waste cooking oil.

The percentage of biodeisel in the pumps isnt made from waste oil - its from crops grown for this purpose.

I am advocating the recycling of waste cooking oil.

Thank you to those of you in this post that have thought about the fact of a few hundred/thousand people protesting and seeing it as a worthwhile effort.

To those of you that think its a waste of time, dont complain when you have to mortage you home agian to go to work to pay for you first mortgage...!

As I say, The protest is open to all, ANYONE CAN ATTEND. On the transaction website there is a section for lift sharing if you dont want to or cant afford the fuel expense on your own to get there.... this also keeps money from the govmint :D

I WILL be there regardless, and whos to say that if the goverment dont listen it wont be taken further.. all aims are for a peaceful protest..
But people will only be ignored for so long, the poll tax riots started off as a peaceful protest from memory.
Now I dont condone violence or innocent people being hurt as per that riot, but something drastic needs to happen to get this govmint to smell the coffee..!
Great Britian ay, whats fooking great about it !

yes, thats all very lovely etc - but what exactly is the aim of the protest? To reduce the overall cost of fuel?

i answered my own question.

you can find out here: http://www.transaction-2007.com/

It is being organised by hauliers to get duty reduced and to get an extra rebate for hauliers.

FOOK SAKE.. READ THE WHOLE SITE !!!

There must be over 100 posts on there now... Its to get the price of fuel lowered for ALL !

The site is run for hauliers... but without public support they will get nowhere so its to lower ALL fuel prices !

yes, with an added rebate for hauliers as well though - thats what the site says.

Yes hauliers would like extra rebate, they deliver our food and supplies day in and day out..! but the fact still remains they/we are all fighting for a drop in duty for ALL.

I suggest you read more of the post asking who the protest is for and what its for..!

yes, with an added rebate for hauliers as well though - thats what the site says.

more specificly, look here

http://www.transaction-2007.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1189&highlight=

AT this post

duntisdave wrote:
The problem, as I see it, is that this site needs to decide weather it is just for the haulier, or the general motorist. I know that it has been said a million times that it is for everyone, but there are too many contradictions. For instance, TrabsAction-2007's own e-peteition is asking for "an essential user rebate" and to "de-couple hauliers from domestic users", as well as a general rate cut.
I don't understand why you can't see that it is these ideas which is losing you support from the general motorist. The public will make the assumption that should the Government finally listen, and reduce fuel duty, they will take the cheapest option, i.e. an essential user rebate.
Believe it or not, most people are aware that the price of fuel for hauliers affects the price of food in the shops. But where do you draw the line? How do you decide who is an essential user? As a self employed tradesman, my fuel bill is now my biggest overhead, and I have recently raised my prices to try and recoup some of it. Does that make me an "essential user"?
My wife works for the local health authority. She needs fuel to get to work as well. Is it fair that our fuel should be more expensive that hauliers?
Now, I don't have anything to do with the haulage industry, so don't know how it works. However, what I do know is this: If TransAction-2007 wants to stand up for the British motorist, and fight for a rate cut for ALL, then I think you should remove all references for an essential user rebate.
If however, you think that an essential user rebate is central to your aims, then I think that you should dedicate this site as a "haulier's Site".
Personally, I think you need the support of the general public, as you had during the protests of 2000.

We have TWO agendas. One for the Haulier and one for the Motorist, but combined we are fighting as one. Does this make it any clearer.

what gets up my nose is Petrol seems to be deliberatley subsidised by us diesel users.

You will have noticed I said 500,000 VEHICLES.
It is up to all of us not just truckers, although I think they are the most important. They are part of our infrastructure.

You will have noticed I said 500,000 VEHICLES.
It is up to all of us not just truckers, although I think they are the most important. They are part of our infrastructure.

But realisticlly your not going to get 500,000 vehicles on the first protest... the first protest alot of people didnt turn up as there was a mis-communication. this protest everyone that needs to know, knows in advance so the message can be got out.. :) hence this post.

We need to build numbers, building strength.

There are go slows planned for alot of places all over the country every week, just check the site for details.

:banana:

dont we already have 500,000 vehcles at a standstill in a ring around london?
I thought it was called the M25 lol

Back