Fuel Protest, Confirmed

The only way to get anything done would be to have a massive protest on a General Election day - but that isn't going to happen.

It doesn't take a few trucks driving slowly through London to make the point that the majority are pissed at high fuel prices. My opinion is that whilst we are paying some £9 billion a year to fund the EU, the Government (any Government) is going to grab as much tax as they can, this lot especially, are trating the Motorist as a cash machine, bleeding us dry. If they do manage to cut the number of Smokers - that's even more tax they need to raise somewhere else.

It seems to me that the only way they will cut taxes is to reduce expenditure and the easiest option would be to get out of the EU, just remain part of a Common Market.

Don't get me started about the rip-off oil companies trying to tell us that massive profits are because of the wholsale price of fuel and nothing to do with the retail price at the pumps :(

I just dont see the point in making everyone suffer to get a reduction in petro-deisel costs.

why not spend time getting biodiesel more wide spread instead? Its cheaper...

I just dont see the point in making everyone suffer to get a reduction in petro-deisel costs.

why not spend time getting biodiesel more wide spread instead? Its cheaper...

and how exactly will the millions of PETROL cars run on bio diesel ?

I hear you say get a diesel, but then when we all have diesels dont you think we will be back in the same sinking boat ? i think so.

yeah I know they wont run biodiesel, but once people see how cheap biodiesel is then they will make the move.

To put it another way, why should the whole country subsidise petrol cars when biofuels that are a lot cheaper are available?

Out of all the people I know who drive, only one drives a petrol car now. Small fact, and possibly pointless. But many people here are complaining about the price of diesel.

yeah I know they wont run biodiesel, but once people see how cheap biodiesel is then they will make the move.

To put it another way, why should the whole country subsidise petrol cars when biofuels that are a lot cheaper are available?

Out of all the people I know who drive, only one drives a petrol car now. Small fact, and possibly pointless. But many people here are complaining about the price of diesel.

how does the whole country subsidise petrol cars ? dont see how that works some how, diesel is more expensive because it is in more demand..!

People on the transaction website are complaining about fuel as a WHOLE, be it petrol or diesel... ok biodiesel is cheap... give the govmint time, it wont be for long... look at the price of cooking oil now ffs... the cooking oil companies caught on quick there..!

how much is bio diesel a litre and what cars run it?

biofuels are not in general cheaper than petrol - in fact they are more expensive - unless you use what are essentially waste fats to make them - and the thing is that there isnt enough waste fats to fuel everyones cars

once you get into the realms of growing stuff explicitly to make biofuels then you hit a major problem - who exactly does without food so you can drive to the supermarket? as farmland (or rain forrest) is being lost to grow this rubbish so you dont have to walk

in case you hadn't noticed there are major food shortages all over the world, a situation which is only going to get worse - biofuels are one of the causes of these

biofuels - worst idea since free showers - just as fatal - tho not as humaine

was passing by the garage today.. and diesel is up to £123.99 bl**dy ridiculous

i wish! had to stop and get some on A1 today £129.9 now thats taking the piss thats £5.84 a gallon ffs and i thought hiway robbery was illigle.

how does the whole country subsidise petrol cars ? dont see how that works some how, diesel is more expensive because it is in more demand..!

People on the transaction website are complaining about fuel as a WHOLE, be it petrol or diesel... ok biodiesel is cheap... give the govmint time, it wont be for long... look at the price of cooking oil now ffs... the cooking oil companies caught on quick there..!

they dont, obviously.

however if this particular protest is sucessful - which it wont be - then where would the fuel rebates from from? We wouldnt just be subsidising petrol cars, but all vehicles.

Back