ftp?

J

jaime

Hello people, i have now read a few times about being able to download stuff using ftp, but how? I assume you need an ftp program but are these the same as ones used when creating web pages? Any suggestions would be most welcome. Also, if and when i have an ftp program, are they easy to use, i mean, how do you find what you are looking for? Anyone who has followed my posts will see i really am a novice at all this stuff but thanks to the help i get here i will one day hopefully have a bit of a clue!

Originally posted by jaime
I assume you need an ftp program but are these the same as ones used when creating web pages?

Yes you need an FTP-program like cute ftp, ws_ftp pro...ect.
There are many ftp-programs on the net.

...but are these the same as ones used when creating webpages ?

Noooo...for creating websites you are using ms frontpage but not ftp-programs. You can uploading the website-files with ftp-program, thats right...but not for creating.

Hmmm...how do find them...good question...you need good connections to ppl, who always have the latest stuff or stuff you want to download, cause its all private. They have to give you access to download from them.

Orion let everyone download his mp3's when you ask him for his ftp-details. ...or some other ppl on here...just ask arround if anyone know some good ftp's...

Good luck !!!

Download Cute Ftp m8, and just fill in the options for the ftp you want to connect to its very easy:)

Back