fridge repair

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, my beautiful old style american fridge has pack up on me yesterday, the lights works but absolutely no sound is coming from it... its about 4years old, so my question is can it be fix? and if so would i get a @ lease a year out it or is it better to just get another 1 as the missus is really sqeezing ballz to get new 1 as soon as!!! what do u guys think?

sounds like the compressor may have gone mate. you will have to get a quote on a replacement first to see if its worth your while.

There are a few repairers in yellow pages that will come cout an give a free estimate.

I could also be the thermostat; if it is not telling the compressor to start it will just sit there in silence. It's been a while since I had one repaired but it wasn’t too expensive.
Bic...

One way to test that then gentlex would be to bypass the thermostat and see if the compressor starts then.

One way to test that then gentlex would be to bypass the thermostat and see if the compressor starts then.
th for the reply guy, how would i do that (bypass the thermostat) and where is it located

congrat on ur 1000 m8, ok had a look... but my fast freeze button and temperture control knob is on the top of the outside front of the fridge just above the top door and they dont seem to be anyway of getting in ther without breaking it... i also open up the part where the lamp is and the only wires thats in there r the 1's for the lamp which r brown blue and black... so im right back @ square 1... if it is the compressor how much would it cost replace and would that give my fridge a new lease on life or just a temporary fix

not sure bout the cost but yes should give it a new lease of life. oh an thanks bout 1000th post . lol cheers

Back