freeview not available ....

essexpete

Inactive User
Reaction score
went on the freeview site and put my postcode in-they say its not available in my area.yet 2 miles away there happily watching streaming bb-b@stards!

is it worth getting a box from argos and trying -least i can take it back -or are they pretty spot on with there postcode lists.....just a thought

cheers

Yes, buy or borrow one to try.

Im not meant to be able to get any channels, but i get them all at full signal :D

same here as dos is saying , according to my postcode i shouldnt get chanels either , but am getting them all , best bet is to either borrowa box or get one ,make sure your aerial is a high gain wide band digital aerial , as most normal terrestrial aerials wont pick up the digital transmissions .

Analogue aerials work fine(well, for me they have). While we were waiting for an aerial extension socket to be put in, i connected a box to one of those coat hanger type aerials most portable tv's come with, and it worked.

Only a few channels, very poor quality, but was working.

cheers guys i will give it a try.
our ariel is communial as we are in maiisonettte,its pretty shit picture thats y we ended up getting cable put in-but as we only watch the basics that u get on freeview i wanna get rid of it.

i think a trip to argos is in order:Cheers:

Back