freesat ITV v ****** ITV pic quality

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
as i was flicking across the 2 mediums, i found to my horror the ITV freesat (non HD)transmission of the liverpool game was absolutely appalling (worse than you tube, BUT when i switched to virmins ITV the pic was almost as good as BBC3. Anyone else notice this??

I would have thought they would be similiar if not better on freesat due to greater bandwith!

Im not up on this as much as other sat guys but I think its because of the ITV variations channels being packed into ex amount of transponder space
due to the narrow bandwith for UK viewing only

I could be wrong but Im sure Ive read something like that,sat guys will put me right if Im wrong :)

But I would of thought you would watch it on HD as it was broadcast in HD last night :)

To be honest i wouldnt have noticed it if it wasnt for the fact i had to press the red button to get to the HD channel.

I used PIP and saw the arsenal game on the main screen and the liverpool on the second PIP screen.....very useful functionality :) ........ i wish everything was HD LOL....i may be forced into getting a HD reciever like TM6900 or the DM800 much quicker than i anticiapted!!

Back