freesat card - no ch4 / ch5 in EPG

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a genuine freesat card and phoned this morning to activate it. The card seems to have received a hit because it now decodes sky3 - but ch4 / ch5 are not in the epg and it says channel unavailable if I enter 104 / 105. If I stick in a subscriber card, I can enter 104 / 105, then swap the card for the new freesat one and it continues to decode - it just won't let me select the channels in the first place with the freesat card in the slot!!

Will this right itself in the next 24 hrs or is there a problem with the freesat card?

Hi

I had the same problem and yes leave the card in overnight and Channel 5 will apper .
It even works if the box is on standby.

Thanks - I will leave it to its own devices and see what happens. On a slightly different topic, can freesat cards be used in sky+ boxes since sky abolished the mothly sky+ fee? Will I need to phone them up again to activate the feature?

sorry m8- think its only free if u take any type of sub package- its still £10 if you dont subscribe

Yes, just checked the small print and you're right - it's free with any form of subscription but other wise (i.e. with freesat) £10/month. Thieving gits.

whats the model number of your sky+ box m8

you may be able to 'patch' it to get the sky+ features for free ;)

Can Sky + boxes be patched to enable the recording ?

Which models ?

is it the Pace 3100 (I got a few Sky+ boxes, just no subscription at the moment !)

I'd like more info on this 'patching' too please.

Back