Free Virgin WiFi

Don't virgin still slow you down once you have reached a certain download/upload ratio?

VM stopped doing that a while ago. BT still have a 60gb usage policy on some their packages, if I recall (they do have unlimited packages also, but obviously more costly).

VM stopped doing that a while ago. BT still have a 60gb usage policy on some their packages, if I recall (they do have unlimited packages also, but obviously more costly).
Just checked and they still limit speed but it's upload speed is limited (not download) once you have uploaded 750mb and the reduced speed can be at least half your normal speed.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Therefore, unless traffic via free wifi is excluded from this counting then you could fall foul of more than 50-75% reduction in upload speed.

I guess they are throttling upload speeds in an attempt to tackle torrent users, wasn't aware they did that to be fair....then again, I try not to use torrents. I doubt they would include traffic used by 3rd parties (via your modem) as part of your download/upload allowance....VM would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did this.

Back