Free Shoutcast Streaming

SimpleBOX

Inactive User
Reaction score
Simple steps, very easy!

#1 - easy part, getting the host
Find a free host with instant activation. For this we will use OnlyTwoDollars hosting as I have tried this host and it worked. Sign up here http://www.onlytwodollars.com/order/new.php

#2 - getting the program
Once you get the account go here http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/phpshell/phpshell-2.1.zip?download
And get php shell. Upload it (read the read me so you will know how to make a user for it

#3 - starting your shoutcast!
Go to download shoutcast for linux (http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/sc1-9-5/shoutcast-1-9-5-linux-glibc6.tar.gz)
Extract it and upload it to your ftp (make a folder called shoutcast) (MAKE SURE YOU EDIT THE CONFIG FILE TO A DIFFERENT PORT. AFTER THIS TUT GETS BIG MANY PORTS WILL BE IN USE. MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE A PORT DONT USE 8000)
ChMod all these files in /home/user/public_html/shoutcast to 777
Go into php shell and use these commands:

cd shoutcast

then type in this:

./sc_serv

After sometime after loading the phpshell will take somtime to load, just wait for it to load and after that you get shoutcast to run. Go to your port and tada works!

Enjoy!

btw: unless the reselelr/owner of the server knows how to use bandmin then they cant tell how much bandwidth your using, it will come up as "nobody" so they wont know who to suspend

Make sure the provide your with has php safe mode OFF if its on php shell will NOT work. the one i provided above has there own server, he is a newb and php safe mode is OFF

i use shoutcast, never thought of hosting it though i just use my dnas with no-ip thanks for the info :D

What does this do, install shoutcast server on any webserver? I used to use shoutcast ages ago but had to host the server on my PC.

bally12345 said:
What does this do, install shoutcast server on any webserver? I used to use shoutcast ages ago but had to host the server on my PC.

your the tester (or that furry little animal) m8............lol............

the d/l for the php shell doesnt seem to be workin mate, any chance of another link plze? :D

drpepper_ said:
the d/l for the php shell doesnt seem to be workin mate, any chance of another link plze? :D

Found link on softpedia

Ok tried this on my webserver but couldnt get the shoutcast server to load in browser after executing it with phpshell.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Set to port 9090 so im assuming it should be loaded to www.mydomain.com:9090? Also when I executed $ ./sc_serv after it finished it said page cannot be displayed then I had to refresh before I saw anything. Is this normal?

Well I cant seem to get the server started, and tried 3 different ports and now I think iv got 3 instances of the server running but cant get it to load in browser.

When I try to start again I get
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
So I dont want to try on any more ports as I dont know how to kill the process... Any help about now would be handy lol

Back