free pc to phone calls

z4kir said:
You should be able to do that just fine, as long as you use the voipcheap program or the settings in a 3rd party client

Also they offer a free phone number at the moment, so if you make one for a uk landline, people in the uk can call u in dubai for local/national rates (depending on the number you choose n there locality)

when I log into my account and go to the Buy Credit section I get three options, pay via card, pay via paypal or pay by phone (i assume this is what you mean).
If you can only see the 3rd option I suggest you empty ur internet browsers cache, and then log in again!
The third option relies on you calling the premium rate number from your landline, which will be billed at £1.50 for every minute you are on the phone, and for every minute you do so voipcheap will put £1.20 credit to your account, so a 2 minute call will cost £3 to your landline phonebill and credit £2.40 on your voipcheap account

thats it sorted now thanks bud

So does that mean that I can call any country and local calls for free??

Does the call cut out after 1 miniute???

Plaease help!!!!

nice one guys, saving me a few pounds on my phone calls. it all helps .:)

Last edited:
Been with this company for a good few months now, if you dont credit your account you can make free calls for 60 seconds before it disconnects you - if you have credit in your account you can talk up to an hour before it disconnects - both will let you redial straight away - works really well as long as you are not hogging your connection with downloads - gets very laggy if you do.

Also now they have introduced "Direct Call" - you enter your home telephone or mobile number and the number you wish to call - it then rings your phone and when you answer, it then connects your home phone to the number you wanted to dial - no lag and crystal clear and your only paying the cheap rate per call and a 3p connection charge - so technically most calls are free anyway, so your only paying 3p per call.

I use it all the time to make my calls, just trying to get the missus to stay off the damn NTL phone and start using this... you married guys out there will know how difficult a task this is going to be

FAGAN said:
Been with this company for a good few months now, if you dont credit your account you can make free calls for 60 seconds before it disconnects you - if you have credit in your account you can talk up to an hour before it disconnects - both will let you redial straight away - works really well as long as you are not hogging your connection with downloads - gets very laggy if you do.

Also now they have introduced "Direct Call" - you enter your home telephone or mobile number and the number you wish to call - it then rings your phone and when you answer, it then connects your home phone to the number you wanted to dial - no lag and crystal clear and your only paying the cheap rate per call and a 3p connection charge - so technically most calls are free anyway, so your only paying 3p per call.

I use it all the time to make my calls, just trying to get the missus to stay off the damn NTL phone and start using this... you married guys out there will know how difficult a task this is going to be

But calls between JAJAH customers are free which is why i said register everyone you know unless i've got it wrong if so please let me know.

The Tesco phone is a basic USB IP phone and will work a treat for VoipCheap use - it is also plug and play, so dont add the software bunbled with it, all that will do is fill your machine with Tesco crap.

Yes if you are phoning another VoipCheap customer, the calls are always free, so by all means let everyone you know about it - Having said that I have never been charged a penny for any UK calls apart from 0845 numbers.

In the next few years I doubt anyone will still be paying for phone calls anywhere in the UK - VOIP is growing fast - every house will be using it in some form very soon.

Where on the website (voipcheap) can I credit £1 as it does not give me this option, only a £10 option.

I usually just credit my account with the tenner every 120 days, which is still super good value but to credit your account with a quid you need to credit by SMS I believe - just check the other options page - its there somewhere

hi all, heres a site that offers unlimited local phone calls from your pc for freeee, download the software and sign up and put in a £1 credit to get unlimited calls to any landlines in the uk, ireland, and the netherlands. i bought a usb phone from ebay and its excellent. u dont really need a usb phone if your using ya lappy just use the inbuilt microphone. or buy a cheap headset. enjoy. jon : party :

http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html if this has helped you please rep me.

exellent works for me

voipcheap

Used to use this service, but you need to put in a fiver or a tenner to use for longer than 60 seconds & if you don't use that credit in 120 days then they take the money you havent used, which I dont like the idea of! Credit should last till you used it up.

I have just installed this and it lets me send sms and even call mobile numbers and i aint put any credit on it, is this correct??

excellent will give it a go... i have a usb fone on my keyboard so mite aswell make use of it

Guys, Do you know if 0845 and 0870 numbers in the UK can be called for free from this VOIP service?

cheers,

K

Back