free gun with every car!

fes_786

Inactive User
Reaction score
US car dealer in free gun offer

The offer is proving popular - sales have quadrupled so far
A car dealership in the United States is offering a free handgun with every vehicle sold.

Max Motors in Butler, Missouri, says sales have quadrupled since the start of the offer.

Customers can choose between a gun or a $250 (£125) gas card, but most so far have chosen the gun.

Owner Mark Muller said: "We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want to."

The dealership sells new and old vehicles, including General Motors and Ford cars and trucks, and its logo shows a cowboy holding a pistol.

It has sold more than 30 cars and trucks in the past three days, an increase which the owners put down to their promotional offer.

Inspiration from Obama

Mr Muller said that every buyer so far "except one guy from Canada and one old guy" chose the gun, rather than the gas card.

He recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".

He added that the promotion was inspired by recent comments from one of the Democratic nominees for the presidential election, saying: "We did it because of Barack Obama.

"He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."

The website advertisement for the offer, which continues until the end of the month, mentions that an approved background check on gun ownership is required.

link:: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7416120.stm

only in america!

Americans are such twats! Whats next - free flick knives with tricycles from toys r us? How this country thinks that the more weapons everyone has the safer they are is incredible:grayno:

best one i've seen was a free gun when you opened a bank account, that was on Micheal Moore. More guns = safer, figure that out.

thebigman

And then they wonder why they have massacre`s like Columbine.

fookin mad them Yanks

The Starman

I wonder if the holster matches the colour of the car, if it did this offer would be difficult to resist.

Just found this it the top10 homicide rates per 100,000 in 2003

1. Colombia 63
  2. South Africa 51
  3. Jamaica 32
  4. Venezuela 32
  5. Russia 19
  6. Mexico 13
  7. Lithuania 10
  8. Estonia 10
  9. Latvia 10
  10. Belarus 9
  • US 5.5
  • UK 1.4

porcupinenine.blogspot.com said:
For years, Britain has had a very low rate of murder. For just as many years, the US has had a much higher rate of murder. Indeed, even now, if you look at the murder rate for the US as a whole (5.5 per 100,000) and the rate for the UK as a whole (1.4 per 100,000), you can see that the UK's rate is much lower as a whole. However, the total murder rate is far from being the final word.

In the US and in the UK, crime rates (and murder rates) vary wildly from place to place. In the US, the murder rate in Washington, DC is about 80 per 100,000 population; in Arlington, Virginia, just across the half-mile wide Potomac river, it's 1.6 per 100,000. Does the overall US murder rate of 5.5 per 100,000 tell you anything about whether you would be safe in Arlington, VA or Washington, DC?

The same disparity can be seen in the UK. While the country as a whole has a low rate of murder, there are areas where the murder rate is high. In Glasgow, Scotland, the murder rate is 5.9 per 100,000 (cite). In London, by contrast, it's 2.1 per 100,000 (cite). In the Manchester metro area, it's 10 per 100,000. And in the Manchester neighborhoods of Moss Side and Longsight, and in the Manchester suburb of Hulme, the murder rate is a monstrous 140 per 100,000 (cite)-- which is considerably worse than Washington, DC, America's most murderous city.

I know gun crime is increasing in the UK. But i could never live in a society that has so much little respect for such a violent weapon. They see guns as a promotional item!?

sooner it comes here the better

We already have guns here, its just that we've priced the riff raff out of the gun market.

I'd love to own a matching gun holster with the interior of my car. Imagine the HipHop videos I could star in :) I would diamond embezzle the trigger so that every kill would feel like a million dollars.

Back