Fredombox

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
FreedomBox is designed to be your own inexpensive server at home. It runs free software and offers an increasing number of services ranging from a calendar or jabber server to a wiki or VPN. Our web interface allows you to easily install and configure your apps. Be your own host!
freedombox.PNG

Has anyone tried this?

JonMMM

DW Regular
Looks interesting could use i to watch E2 from outside home. would be interesting to see if it can act as an outgoing VPN as well so not having to buy a new router

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
So I installed this on a RaspberryPi 2 and interestingly this has OpenVPN and tor network capabilities. Not tried the Tor network yet, just installing Openvpn so will let you know how easy it is to setup and use.

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Update:
If your going to try freedombox the install is headless and also takes ages so best to start and walk away for a while.

I've installed openvpn and it works on my phone brilliantly, even while on my mobile network when away from home! So my mobile connects to my freedombox at home while on mobile network using openvpn. The openvpn install does take a very long time, well it did on my raspberry pi2 anyway, not sure how it long it would take on more powerful equipment.

The Tor network : This is what it does:

tor.PNG

The only thing I can't get to work is the proxy which i'm still trying to work out! I've not tried the voice calls, email or chat application as of yet!

Last edited:
TEST