Fransat on 5402?

headwest

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get fransat 5w clearing on a 5402. There arn't many shares including fransat and the only other option i can find is a cam and official card which is a bit pricey unless someone knows a cheap cam that will do viaccess 4.0?

Cheers

Anyone know how to get fransat 5w clearing on a 5402. There arn't many shares including fransat and the only other option i can find is a cam and official card which is a bit pricey unless someone knows a cheap cam that will do viaccess 4.0?

Cheers

What IS 'fransat' please mate?

Fransat themselves describe it as "a French digital TV service similar to the UK Freesat service". Similar, maybe at a stretch, but last time I checked we didn't need a card for Freesat. France 2,3,5 & O are FTA, but beyond that ..
Anyway, it's here: FranSat - Watch French Digital TV in the UK - No Subscription
m

Oops. Maybe I should have put "Fransat seems to be a trading name used by a company in Lancashire, UK who describe it as ..

what is known here in France as TNT (digital TV equivalent of the new digital system via tv aerial in UK ) offers about 30 tv channels (no radio yet for political reasons), and about 20 of these are unencrypted - TF1, France 2,3,4, Canal+ (only at certain times of day), Arte,M6, NRJ, Direct8,W9, TMC, BFM, Itele,...

Fransat offers access to these channels by satellite

you should be able to get 90% of the fransat channels on [email protected] with your tm5402 (via patched software) if the hd patches are the same as sd ones as ive got tf1/fr2/fr3/fr3 regionals/tmc ect ect clearing on 156P here on a tm5200d. maybe someone will confirm for you(@zorch,@manic01 or @thijs maybe) as i cant as i dont own a tm5402hd. regards mdt

Last edited:
So surely this 'Fransat' package actually then encompasses the TNT Sat package we get, but scrambled on 19E?:drink:

Fransat is the french equivalent of uk freesat. Most of these channels cleared on 5w until last Nov when they switched off analogue. After then, channels like TF1, ARTE, etc became FTV so like CH5 on a skybox these channels wouldn't clear unless your stb had a fransat or TNT card inserted. Subscription free like Freesat, you needed buy the stb or get a FTV card in the stb. You may also need a Viaccess 4.0 cam to use the card depending on the receiver? However after reading mdt's reply above I've just checked 19.2e and found out these channels are clear on 19.2e. Many thanks mdt, no need for a fransat card then and even the HD channels clear!

Cheers

Fransat is the french equivalent of uk freesat. Most of these channels cleared on 5w until last Nov when they switched off analogue. After then, channels like TF1, ARTE, etc became FTV so like CH5 on a skybox these channels wouldn't clear unless your stb had a fransat or TNT card inserted. Subscription free like Freesat, you needed buy the stb or get a FTV card in the stb. You may also need a Viaccess 4.0 cam to use the card depending on the receiver? However after reading mdt's reply above I've just checked 19.2e and found out these channels are clear on 19.2e. Many thanks mdt, no need for a fransat card then and even the HD channels clear!

Cheers

Its in the clkear on 19E only with an up to date patch + softcam yes mate!!:drink:

Cheers

i know this is a tm5402hd thread but the fransat/tntsat channels mentioned should also clear on a tm-twin/tm800 or any E2 linux box via oscam Y mod emulator. regards mdt

Back