Found a Transponder and Services, but no Picture

Mr_Jailer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Trying to configure a DM600s for my sister.

I already have a DM600c, so I'm not really a novice.

Are UK satellites pointing to Astra (S*y)? Astra (19.2E) is the default satellite that appears when scanning for transponders.

The image I am using is done by MrDude ('cos I used it on mine).

Anyways, I found valid transponder using the Automatic Transponder Scan with 8 Services.

I'm not getting any channels clear up. I have a list of channels when I press RED on the remote and services, but get get 'service unavailable' when I try to view.

PLs help.

The Sky satellite is 28.2e and sky isn't hacked so you won't get any channels without a valid subscription, sky isn't the same as cable.

Mr.Dudes image is for cable, I would use a Gemini, Nabilo or PLi image.

Damn, thats bad news, she cancelled her sky subscription, so she can get the DM lol. She ordered over fone y'day, n it came today.

Now she's sad :(

Mr.Dudes image is for cable, I would use a Gemini, Nabilo or PLi image.

Can you point to a link please. Ideally the image will have everything for UK Sky, cams etc so I can just flash and scan.

Ta.

Ps. The download links for The Gemini 3.4 image is down. Message: ERROR: File not found.

Last edited:
Can you point to a link please. Ideally the image will have everything for UK Sky, cams etc so I can just flash and scan.

I don't think you've understood right, UK Sky isn't hacked! You can't decode any UK sky channels using a cam or emu. The only way you can watch premium sky channels is with a valid sky subscription. No matter what image you use, it'll be the same.

The downloads should be fixed in a while.

Thanks for the info, so, say I was subscribed to a £15 month for 2 Sky packages that did not include Sky Sports, I would not be able to view Sky Sports on the DM box???

The only way I'd be able to watch Sky Sports on the DM600s is if I was subscribed member of Sky Sports??

That just throws my plans out the window.

So, what can i actually do with the DM600s to make full use of it?

Suggestions welcome...

I don't think you've understood right, UK Sky isn't hacked! You can't decode any UK sky channels using a cam or emu. The only way you can watch premium sky channels is with a valid sky subscription. No matter what image you use, it'll be the same.

The downloads should be fixed in a while.

You've got it now! If you don't pay for it, you don't get it! :)

The dreambox can be used as a PVR so you can use for recording and playback. Maybe even pause live tv, not sure.

You can also connect it to your PC (via ethernet cable to a router or wireless bridge) and you can stream movies and mp3s from your PC direct to your TV; it even plays mp3 playlists.

Thanks for the info, so, say I was subscribed to a £15 month for 2 Sky packages that did not include Sky Sports, I would not be able to view Sky Sports on the DM box???

The only way I'd be able to watch Sky Sports on the DM600s is if I was subscribed member of Sky Sports??

That just throws my plans out the window.

So, what can i actually do with the DM600s to make full use of it?

Suggestions welcome...

Get a 90cm dish and a motor and enjoy many other channels across Europe ie Films, Sport, Music and the other Po*n

Whats the difference between a Sky Satellite Dish and any other satellite Dish?

Why can one not receive channels from across Europe using a Sky Dish, compared to some other dish?

The S** dish is too small a diameter to recieve a decent signal from other staellites.

Right, the purpose for having a motorised dish is that it's easier to spin in the direction of a different Satellite Dish?

I have the DM600s... I'm assuming I will not need the receiver or the card????

Just askign, 'cos I don't want anymore surprises :D

600s is a receiver, if your ONLY watching SKY without a sub and not using a bigger dish that is either motorised or tripple lnb for other sats, then forget anything on sky clearing, as you'll need a valid sub.

Your best reading up A LOT on the "dreambox" for educational purposes and its capabilities (cams and what they can do etc..) as its pointless asking for advice on things such as sky uk.

Not only is it impossible without a valid sub and even if it was you'd be one silly person to discuss such things on a open forum.

Read Read Read then ask any more technical issues when you understand a little more.

Back