Forged Singnature Insurance Claim ( Advice )

CoolHandLuke

Inactive User
Reaction score
My wife's family owns a caravan and this morning she received a letter asking for the £50 policy access on an Insurance claim for storm damage, and was told the £273 had be settled to the caravan company, for weather damage.

She phoned up the Insurance company as was told that they had received a claim form with her signature on it. ?????

So the caravan site have made a false claim and forged her signature, pfffffttttttttt as far as we are aware we have had no damage.

What would you make of this were pretty pissed of that they have forged her signature we have phoned the caravan site and there brushing it under the carpet.

They have just said on the phone that they did fill the form in, but we needed a new sky light and we dont have to pay the £50 just ignore it.

Strange circumstances wonder how many small claims they make over a year.

:nopity:

Last edited:
shocking that is

should report them mate

robbery

I had something Similar with an Ex Girlfriend, who insured her car under my name for a year but all the coresondance was done via Email. 1st i heard was when she defaulted, and miraculously they got in touch with me for the first time ever wanting money, i went to the police and claimed froaud on her Ass, and in a way you should do same, if you needed a new Skylight they should have told you first, who was to say u wouldnt just go buy one and avoid a claim???

its wrong and illegal full stop!!

My wife's family owns a caravan and this morning she received a letter asking for the £50 policy access on an Insurance claim for storm damage, and was told the £273 had be settled to the caravan company, for weather damage.

She phoned up the Insurance company as was told that they had received a claim form with her signature on it. ?????

So the caravan site have made a false claim and forged her signature, pfffffttttttttt as far as we are aware we have had no damage.

What would you make of this were pretty pissed of that they have forged her signature we have phoned the caravan site and there brushing it under the carpet.

They have just said on the phone that they did fill the form in, but we needed a new sky light and we dont have to pay the £50 just ignore it.

Strange circumstances wonder how many small claims they make over a year.

:nopity:

What happens if the caravan company don't pay the £50 ? Insurance would probably chase you for it.

Will your insurance company elevate your premium next time, because of a claim you personally never made ?

You should be told about any damage, and then allowed to make your own decision about repair.

Whole thing stinks !

What happens if the caravan company don't pay the £50 ? Insurance would probably chase you for it.

Will your insurance company elevate your premium next time, because of a claim you personally never made ?

You should be told about any damage, and then allowed to make your own decision about repair.

Whole thing stinks !

The caravan site have said on the phone this morning ignore the £50 we have just paid it, you should not have received a letter ? as we normally just sort all this out, we do not want to bother our customers with small issues like this, we just want you to enjoy your time on the site, and not be botherd about minor repairs. We never bother customers about such small repairs, as It is in our best interest to keep you happy.

LOL yerrrrrrrrrrr right I bet the dont, In other words we do not want our customers to find out we screw the insurance companys over every winter, what a crock.

The caravan site have said on the phone this morning ignore the £50 we have just paid it, you should not have received a letter ? as we normally just sort all this out, we do not want to bother our customers with small issues like this, we just want you to enjoy your time on the site, and not be botherd about minor repairs. We never bother customers about such small repairs, as It is in our best interest to keep you happy.

LOL yerrrrrrrrrrr right I bet the dont, In other words we do not want our customers to find out we screw the insurance companys over every winter, what a crock.

i would find a new home for your Caravan, and report them for fraud, what there doing is illegal!

Do they insist on "approved" insurers or anything like that ?

How about switching insurers (on renewal) and not telling them who it is ?

Should stop "false" claims.

Do they insist on "approved" insurers or anything like that ?

How about switching insurers (on renewal) and not telling them who it is ?

Should stop "false" claims.

Yes when you move to there site, it is in the site contract you must be insured under there terms " There Insurance Company " and it is £300 a year"

I do not want to kick up a fuss because it will be us that looses out in the end, we have already paid our site fees for this year. And it is not cheap to move it to a new location. Also if we kick up a fuss It is just going to make bad blood between us and the staff on the site.

Not a nice atmosphere for the kids. It's a double edged sword situation we loose what ever we do.

We are selling the caravan in the summer so ? If we sell I could contact the insurance company and let them know but still is it worth the hassle over a such a small amount.

Sounds like a classic case of fraud to me. Don't worry about losing out. Fraud carries a severe penalty.

edit/disclaimer: I'm drunk but it sounds right to me :)

Last edited:
Yes when you move to there site, it is in the site contract you must be insured under there terms " There Insurance Company " and it is £300 a year"

I do not want to kick up a fuss because it will be us that looses out in the end, we have already paid our site fees for this year. And it is not cheap to move it to a new location. Also if we kick up a fuss It is just going to make bad blood between us and the staff on the site.

Not a nice atmosphere for the kids. It's a double edged sword situation we loose what ever we do.

We are selling the caravan in the summer so ? If we sell I could contact the insurance company and let them know but still is it worth the hassle over a such a small amount.

Nice little racket then, commission from the insurance company, and profit from false claims, so same insurance company loses.

End result, general premium rise, more commission, and so it goes on.

Document what you can, but don't create aggro now. Walk away when you can, and think about the situation then.

If the amount involved is small, life's too short etc. Bad taste in the mouth though !

I can so empathise with you about the costs of moving the 'van and with putting up with it for the sake of the kids. The fact that they get to go somewhere like a caravan park during the holiday breaks and be able to run free instead of being at home on the x-box or trawling the local shopping precinct just waiting to get into trouble is worth almost any type of hassle.
But the fact about such a small amount...............OK you were only asked about a £50 excess but the claim was for £273 and how many other caravans were involved in the claim and how much were their claims for ?
If there were 500 caravans on site they could easily have claimed for damage to 50 caravan at say an average of £250 damage, which then means they could have claimed £12,500......................so not such a small amount then.

Back