Ford Easy Fuel?

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
I've just bought a Ford Focus 1.8tdci Zetec Climate(2007 57). Is there any way of telling if the fuel filling system is Ford's Easy Fuel? Reason I ask is that we have gone to Diesel from years of owning a petrol car and with Ford's Easy Fuel it has a built in safe guard to prevent misfuelling? I can't check in the handbook yet as we are awaiting the dealer getting one to us. I have checked around the fuel cap and can't see anything to say it's Easy Fuel although there is a hinged flap just inside of the fuel neck.

If anyone could provide an answer or a link to the handbook for the UK spec Focus as I could only find handbooks for US Ford Focus' that would be appreciated.

Rob.

On a 2007 model, most likely not. I think it was introduced to Focus in 2008 at the earliest.

Easiest way it to try inserting a petrol nozzle into the cap. With easyfuel, there is a ring with a shutter I think, on the inside that can only be opened with larger diameter diesel nozzle. You won't be able to insert a petrol nozzle the whole way and it has actually saved me once when I tried to put petrol into a diesel pool car.

get a sticker on the inside nice and bright one that way no excuses :)

I think there should be one on the diesels already. All the ones I have come across anyway. But if there is not one then definitely a good reminder.

they dont have fuel caps on them, that should tell u if u have one.
older ones have fuel caps.

Thanks for the replies. The car does have a fuel cap marked diesel. But after years of driving petrol cars I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've ordered a Fuel Angel to fit. As they say prevention is better than cure.

Thanks every one your help is much appreciated.

Rob.

Just keep repeating to yourself... diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel diesel

The one that gets me is that on more modern cars, it's not possible to put a diesel fuel nozzle in a petrol but not vice versa (excluding those similar to the OP mentions). I believe a petrol would be a little more forgiving about having a little diesel in it than a diesel would be of having unleaded in it.

So I'm lead to believe anyway on the nozzle front anyway!

I've just switched to a diesel too after always having petrols. So far I'm doing ok.

Last edited:
Back