Force Update

nworulz

Member +
Reaction score
You see when you force a update does it do this frequency scanner thing.
Thanks in advance

u mean to help update the card faster? nope

yep thats what im doing but on other boxes it says nit or something flashing on the box and this one doesnt and also on the other boxes it doesnt do this frequency scanner.

Sounds like a Pace 2000 or 1000 model, sounds normal tho.
Unless its a box that needs a 4 chip sim and only has a 2 chip sim.
We need more info if its stuck in tune or what.

Clive.

its a 2000 not stuck in tune it just seems to scan aload of frequencys like the cable modems does on the hack. 250 ambit

hmm, why are you doing a frequency scan if you dont mind me asking? what do you hope to achieve?

update your software to the new virgin media one?

after the numbers have rolled round , does it come up with era5 lait prog fla5 or similar and then boot up

Mate, Have you set the correct netid for the area??

ok i dont have ur box, i have pace 2000.

have you removed the red jumper and checked that it has erased the netid and pin? (you may have to leave it out and then power on the box without the red jumper then power off.
have you used libby to set the net id correctly (click the netid 2 times)?
have you removed the anti-update mod?
i dont know if the software update needs the right bk and ird, but do you have both of these or at least the ird? (type the nagra serial code from the engineers menu minus the last 2 digits into windows calculator and press "hex" in the scientific mode)

Firstly, if you cant get into the Engineeres menu, boot up 2321 instead of 4321 then you should be able to get into the EM straight after it starts to boot up again ok?
Then you should check in the EM for the signal quality and net id etc,
If thats all ok then take the card out and boot it up.
Make sure to check the signal quality for more than a few seconds because if its a cap' fault it might not show for a min or two, then it will all go off and thats why the update dont work ok.

Clive.

always coming out with the points i overlook ;)

/me wonders whose box nworulz is trying to update. Lol

I did find 20 paces in a skip somwhere around essex ;D, Wonder who put them there?

:Cheers:

Back