For those complaining about Troll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to respond to the over sensitive brigade please as I think it's only fair I should have the chance to.

Firstly i asked to explain the accusation but nobody bothered!

The only wording on that animation that could be construed as a person on here is the word Manic - there is a username on here called Manic who had made 1 post back in 2007 and not heard of since. There are at least 7 other members on here with the word manic in their username....

searchname.gif

Definition said:
Manic : affected with, relating to, characterized by, or resulting from mania...

Mania is a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood, arousal, and/ or energy levels.

... ergo the manic behaviour of someone characterised as Trolling.

If you wish to interperet that as the conduct of someone in particular on here, then that says more about them and you than the deliberate exclusion of personalising what is (specifically on here) a joke that is no different to the hundreds of stickied warnings and pictures of Troll Spray cans you see on countless forums on the internet, meant to mock and therefore disarm the behaviour of trolling, and others such as discouraging noobs to post without searching.

for example Troll Spray

@cuebase this post was discussed with 2 moderaters who clearly approved it for what it is, and I asked Rat to sticky it. Do you have a problem with the post or the fact a moderator has carried out an action he is charged with? If it's the post then take it up with me, not Rat.

@ellie so you're willing to give an infraction to someone who has not actually broken any of the forum rules?

@him her there must be somethig wrong with your browser then as it works the same as any other external link on here and should open in a different tab or window depending on how you have your browser set up.

For **** sake people unclench and get a sense of humour will ya :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I saw it for what it was m8 .. just a laugh :) .. problem is the written word or "joke" can easily be misinterpreted and all hell breaks loose lol

see I knew manic would see it for what it is :)

people need to step back and read again and look at it from another view point :)

not everyone is out to have a quick jibe at at the next person all the time, most do have sense of humours ;)

I have been explained that it was a joke which I hadn't got.
on
I'd like to respond to the over sensitive brigade please as I think it's only fair I should have the chance to.

Firstly i asked to explain the accusation but nobody bothered!
fair point
The only wording on that animation that could be construed as a person on here is the word Manic - there is a username on here called Manic who had made 1 post back in 2007 and not heard of since. There are at least 7 other members on here with the word manic in their username....

searchname.gif

Is that the manic you refer to here
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281492/#post2065895
As there is only 1 manic that posted in that thread so looks like someone is attempting to use semantics, I have already been informed it was a joke between yourself and manic so why are you now saying it wasn't who I thought it was.
Begining to look like an attack backed up by mods/admin which is now being retracted or why would you try to pretend it wasn't aimed at the member I took it to be.
also
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281492/#post2065880
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281492/#post2065850
Give me the impression that there is friction between yourself and manic so when I saw the post I took it to be attacking manic and under rule 12 https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/155604/ it is not allowed. If it hadn't been made a sticky an infraction would have been given, and possibly retracted after a poll in the mods room as you seem to have special dispensation.

I might have believed differently if you hadn't tried to use semantics to pretend I was wrong about 1 member being attacked when I have been told it was part of a joke between yourself and manic, so you are lieing here or I have been lied to by an admin which I wouldn't be impressed about.

... ergo the manic behaviour of someone characterised as Trolling.

If you wish to interperet that as the conduct of someone in particular on here, then that says more about them and you than the deliberate exclusion of personalising what is (specifically on here) a joke that is no different to the hundreds of stickied warnings and pictures of Troll Spray cans you see on countless forums on the internet, meant to mock and therefore disarm the behaviour of trolling, and others such as discouraging noobs to post without searching.

for example Troll Spray

@cuebase this post was discussed with 2 moderaters who clearly approved it for what it is, and I asked Rat to sticky it. Do you have a problem with the post or the fact a moderator has carried out an action he is charged with? If it's the post then take it up with me, not Rat.

@ellie so you're willing to give an infraction to someone who has not actually broken any of the forum rules?

@him her there must be somethig wrong with your browser then as it works the same as any other external link on here and should open in a different tab or window depending on how you have your browser set up.

For **** sake people unclench and get a sense of humour will ya :rolleyes:
I had a sense of humour when I was told it was a joke but now after you have tried to pretend it wasn't manic i'm back to where I was last night otherwise you wouldn't try to lie about it unless you think i'm stupid and gullible ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate it when people try to play semnantics especially when they post crap that is so easy to dispute.

I had accepted it was a joke now I don't believe it, when my brother and I were playing about in the rant room last year we didn't try to deny it afterwards so it was funny. Why deny or insinuate I had the wrong manic if it was just a joke ?

Shouldnt jokes go in the fun and laughter room anyway what was the post doing in the sat section :Kickassro

Sorry Ellie but you're wrong. Behind closed doors I did use this to take the piss out of manic-01 (@Manic-01 I know you have a sense of humour) but in here it was intended to be exactly what I said.

Is that the manic you refer to here

No, this is the Manic I was refering to in the post above. If you really want to talk semantics then you'll notice that if I refer to someone casually when posting on here I'll usually use a shortened or case insensitive spelling (such as manic - manic01 or ellie - ellie1998) of their username. If trying to clearly define a point (like my first post on this thread) I used Manic - as in who I was actually referring to as a response to your:

Looks like nothing more than a personal attack against 1 member.

The same as I used MANIC in upper case in the animation to differntiate the two. Is that semantic enough for you? If you really thought that then you could've PM'd me and given me a chance to explain it.

As there is only 1 manic that posted in that thread so looks like someone is attempting to use semantics, I have already been informed it was a joke between yourself and manic so why are you now saying it wasn't who I thought it was.
Begining to look like an attack backed up by mods/admin which is now being retracted or why would you try to pretend it wasn't aimed at the member I took it to be.
also
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281492/#post2065880
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/281492/#post2065850
Give me the impression that there is friction between yourself and manic so when I saw the post I took it to be attacking manic and under rule 12 https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/155604/ it is not allowed. If it hadn't been made a sticky an infraction would have been given, and possibly retracted after a poll in the mods room as you seem to have special dispensation.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't have a problem expressing my opinion directly to the person involved. I don't deny for one second that one of my comments on that thread gave me the idea of creating the animation for the behavior it was intending to mock, but had I wished to aim it purely at manic (yes I'll use the shortened casual spelling) as a continuation of that conversation, I would have posted it in that thread and commented on it wouldn't I? But I didn't. I posted it as a joke for general public but myself and a few others could laugh at it for our own reasons.

as you seem to have special dispensation

What a load of rubbish. I don't expect to be treated differently to anyone else on here and I've never ask to be either. I would however like to be treated fairly.

I might have believed differently if you hadn't tried to use semantics to pretend I was wrong about 1 member being attacked when I have been told it was part of a joke between yourself and manic, so you are lieing here or I have been lied to by an admin which I wouldn't be impressed about.

I had a sense of humour when I was told it was a joke but now after you have tried to pretend it wasn't manic i'm back to where I was last night otherwise you wouldn't try to lie about it unless you think i'm stupid and gullible ?.

But that's the point isn't it? To a select few who are in on a private joke they can interpret it either way, but as has already been commented on by other users not in the loop, it's been taken as it was meant to be towards them on here... a joke intended to mock a wider and unfortunate problem on forums. If they then wan't to turn around and say "ha ha that's funny. That's what manic-01 (or <enter username here>) does in the TM section" then surely they have every right to think that... as he does, fact.

Do you honestly think that ON HERE I would ask a moderator to get involved and sticky something contradicting the rules he's supposed to enforce? What I may infer to in private with other people and what I post on here are seperate issues. If I was to tell a joke about "a guy who goes to the doctor because his willy fell off", user may laugh at it (or not). If I was to tell someone in private "oh that's what happend to <someone we both knew>" it would have a different meaing to us - although i would't find that funny, but as an example. But the original joke would still be harmless and mean something else to others. That's exactly what you've done with this except you've now publically turned it into something it was never publically meant to represent, and had another user who hadn't been involved with the TM800 posted it, you probably wouldn't have said anything other than "that's funny", "I don't think that's funny" or better still nothing at all. In fact if I had posted it and said "here you go manic, that's you" he would've probably laughed at and said "bollocks".

So no, I haven't lied to you or broken any rules, nor has an admin/moderator, but thanks for blowing something all out of proportion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite happy to let it drop but you started this thread and i'm entitled to reply to your nonsense.

You want me to believe that you posted the troll thing for this member http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/member-manic.html who joined over 4 years ago and only made 1 post and hasn't logged in since 15th June 2007 which was also the day he joined, You have looked at his profile so you are aware of this.

Now that is funny and I really can't believe you think i'm that stupid, their maybe some who are reading this that can't work it out but I know bs when I see it.

You want me to believe that you posted the troll thing for this member http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/member-manic.html who joined over 4 years ago and only made 1 post and hasn't logged in since 15th June 2007 which was also the day he joined, You have looked at his profile so you are aware of this.

Lol, no ellie that's not what I expect you to believe at all (jeeez). Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly

1) I posted the Troll animation as a joke to mock anyone thinking of trolling and as a private joke to me and a few others. Nobody else was aware of that until now.

2) you posted saying you thought it was nothing more than an attack on a specific member

3) I asked you to explain who but you didn't respond

4) I then tried to explain that the only wording in the animation was "Manic" - I then went on to explain that the only username called Manic is the one I pointed out to in the link... not that it was for him or the several other usernames containing manic in them.

5) I then explained that had I wanted to explicitly have a go at manic-01, i'd have posted it in the other thread and commented on it.

I've read it back several times and I can't see how you would come to your assumptions.

No, I don't think you're stupid at all but I do think you haven't read it properly, or understood it how it was meant.

This is getting ridiculous. I sincerely apologise to you ellie, and to manic-01 and anyone else who seems to have taken offence to what was intended as a joke which has clearly backfired. I'll try not to do it again and there is no conspiracy or colloberation with any admin/moderators to abuse their power on here.

Thank you

@ the end of the day Manic-01 gives as good as he gets

also if i was manic i would be flattered someone took the time making that flash movie

its all a bit of harmless banta, but done in a tastefull way in my opinion

bottom line, well done vectorz for the flash, well done manic for understanding it for the joke it was

Manic is a troll he tried to goad me into banning him when i was made mod as he didnt like it. He has aklso been a mod/admin himself so knows how to push things to the limit without over stepping the mark. We have other members like that here too ie emarald and i think witchy is also a member here under another guise now. If they are ok to push things to the limit without getting banned then why is it not ok to post a fun tounge in cheek animation?

This is the reason I posted this in another thread though as it was not intended to be a public slating of a specific member. Posted on here was meant to be for anyone trolling, and the private joke was for us only. I see everybodies point but at the end of the day 2 wrongs don't make a right. I regret leaving any wording on there now but should've known it'd be a powder keg on here. I don't think there's any argument that manic-01 and a few others are trolls on here and I wish the powers that be would do something about it properly but I don't want to be dragged down with their reputation. Bollocks to the lot of them but i'm going to change any misinterpretating text on it and then we can view it towards anyone we feel appropriate.

Come on guys none of this is good for the forum is it . I think these petty squabbles should be left to pm or the fekin playground.
Lets all take a deep breath and R E L A X :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back