Foooken motorbikes

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dashed out to pick daughter up on way back slipped a fooken gear, biked reved its nuts off and now I have a very loud tapping noise from fook know's where :(

Spent 5 hours stripping the most awkward bits down to still be left with a fooken ticking noise :(

hope you get it sorted m8,

i don't know much about bikes, only how to ride em, but does it sound like oil is not getting to top of engine block, or is it more like a metal tapping against metal ticking noise?

sound like u bounced a valve m8 u will have to see wot valve clearance r and if one is open abit the valve slighty bent m8 or but not common a piece of head gasket has blown out , but sound like a valve sticking because its bounced . hope lm wrong m8

you only bounce a valve once mate and after that its at no go for the engine,check valve clearance and shims for any wear,may need to change em

:proud: shake it, the bit might fall out lol :proud: :banana: :banana:

Dutcho said:
Dashed out to pick daughter up on way back slipped a fooken gear, biked reved its nuts off and now I have a very loud tapping noise from fook know's where :(

Spent 5 hours stripping the most awkward bits down to still be left with a fooken ticking noise :(

try the old mechanics trick a long screwdriver
use it as a stethiscope put in on diff parts of the engine and put ur ear to the other end this will guide u to the part that is the loudest and u can then judge what the problem is

Check ure big ends m8.
Sounds like u might have shreaded one.
If u quick it'll save u ure crank.

Back