Fooked my netgear. any ideas??

T4i tried all the above but nothing works the file is not read only even tried sending the command as soon as i plug it in . It is v1 not 2. tried v1andv2 firmware. Firwall etc all off.
Even tried on a desktop. Starting to feel beaten on this one.
Appreciate the help m8

I'v had trouble with windozzzzzz tftp client....can you try from a linux box?

Have a read of this post (forum mentioned earlier). I know its a different router but refers to your problem "cannot read from file" Sounds like a timing issue. Is there a way of uploading the firmware as soon as its plugged in?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=463&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=3c2a5c98bca7be471a3ff7cf09924f62

Have you tried the -t option which repeats the ping command in conjunction with the tftp utility? (the free ones I mentioned earlier e.g. tftpd32) instead of using windows.

Last edited:
Brenussat said:
Good idea but i have no access to linux.
Just use a livecd version. Knoppix or Backtrack2. Whether it will work in this situation is another matter, but it's always handy to have a live cd around. Any joy with the DD-WRT forums?

Guys i've tried all the stuff you have said and i cant express my gratitude enough, i downloaded the tftp but admit i couldnt really get it to do much, i have tried about 80million times now and i'm fooked off with it. Netgear won.
Its probably my limited expierience but if i see cannot read from local file again i'm gonna lose the plot so i'm calling it a day.
Thanks again your help really is appreciated .
Brenussat

Back