Floppy DTV/C

Jammy75

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello

Does any one know if there's a tutorial for setting up a Floppy DTV/C with cam & card?

Thanks

it's fairly straightforward

install floppydtv/s
install drivers
program a card/s for your area using same bk as cam/s is/are set to
insert card/s in cam/s
insert cam/s in floppydtv/s

assumign you have used the same bk in card/s and cam/s and you have setup your software to use a cam (eg mediaportal doesnt automatically use them) then channels shoudl clear within a few seconds

only debatable point is officially you are supposed to have system off when insertign cams - but never had a problem

Floppy DTV/C which front end?

I've finally built the HTPC, just wondering which front end to go with, media portal or DVBviewer. Recording, HD and time shifting are a must have, also will be using a cam/card set up so no need for vplugins.

Thanks.

Re: Floppy DTV/C which front end?

I am fairly happy with mediaportal - but whilst it handles downloaded hd content fine it doesnt handle hd disks natively yet - but afaik no other windows front end does either

I am fairly happy with mediaportal - but whilst it handles downloaded hd content fine it doesnt handle hd disks natively yet - but afaik no other windows front end does either

Players such as PowerDVD 9 and WinDVD (9?) will play BluRay discs and can be invoked for MP (afaik).

I believe AnyDVD HD can rip a BluRay disk to MKV, which can then be played via MP normally.

Hello

Does any one know if there's a tutorial for setting up a Floppy DTV/C with cam & card?

Thanks

Is there any need to go for the CAM and card? Many software solutions work just as well I believe.

Players such as PowerDVD 9 and WinDVD (9?) will play BluRay discs and can be invoked for MP (afaik).

I believe AnyDVD HD can rip a BluRay disk to MKV, which can then be played via MP normally.
whilst I know this I must applaude your interesting interpretation of my use of the word 'natively'

Is there any need to go for the CAM and card? Many software solutions work just as well I believe.
mdapi can be unstable (as in crash tvserver) if you choose to use standby or do unexpectedly complicated things like change channel

mdapi can be unstable (as in crash tvserver) if you choose to use standby or do unexpectedly complicated things like change channel

Ok, whilst I realise that by using the word "natively", you mean 'inherent in the actual software application', I thought it was worth pointing out that it is indeed possible to make the impossible plausible!!!

Still, nit picking aside, this is something I am interested in. I was seriously looking at a TV server running on a SBS 2003 rig using a couple of DVB-C cards such as the TechnoTrend C1501's with software emulation (and assuming the drivers are compatible, with an upgrade to SBS 2007). I didn't realise there was a crash issues. Especially given the fact that changing channel should not be that unexpected.

might not be mdapi's fault (it is tvserver that crashes) but it doesnt do it with a real cam -some people have had success using arlier versions of mdapi or different ffdecsa files but didnt work for me

might not be mdapi's fault (it is tvserver that crashes) but it doesnt do it with a real cam -some people have had success using arlier versions of mdapi or different ffdecsa files but didnt work for me

Cheers for that. There are a couple of cards out there that have CI slots - not sure if these are the same thing as is included with the FloppyDTV.

1) TT 1501 and the CI unit as a package - Approx €73 (€54 without CI interface)
2) TechniSat CableStar HD2 (inc CI interface) - Approx €60
3) SATELCO EasyWatch HDTV PCI - Approx €85 (CI interface is extra at €37)
4) Mystique CaBiX-C2, DVB-C - Approx €54 (CI Interface is €34)

There is also a cheap Twinham card with CI interface, but I've read some odd things about that.

All of these are significantly cheaper than the FloppyDTV @ €150, but I'm honestly torn.

Although i think getting the softcam working would be OK, I'm not sure what extra (cost + equipment + knowledge) is needed to get a hard cam function.

tt external ci card is a bitch - dont go there - its what I tried before the floppydtv's - no idea about the others

Back